Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

What was flying around St. Austell overnight.

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
Local Spotter

What was flying around St. Austell overnight.

Post by Local Spotter » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:36 pm

Heard a low flying aircraft over St Austell area, early hrs of morning. Anyone got any ideas?

phat01

Re: What was flying around St. Austell overnight.

Post by phat01 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Had a chinook flying around between 0100-0200am
My Flickr pic's:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nqypics/

Newquay Airport Movement's Blog:
https://newquaymovements.blogspot.com/

Red Hound

Post by Red Hound » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:15 pm

I don't know if it is linked but whilst checking http://www.live-mobile-mode-s.eu/search ... geven=EGDR, Cornwall, UK I noticed that a Chinook was out and about at 01:18 this morning.

Local Spotter

Post by Local Spotter » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Thanks, sounds as if exercises are on somewhere. Maybe a joint operations exercise in the St Austell Bay Area?

ultraburner

Post by ultraburner » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Remember being awoken by something - but it didn't sound like a chinook to me... However I was half concious, so could be mistaken! Culdrose hawks appeared to be more active than usual this morning south of St Austell, so there could well be an exercise on.

Also of note, I think two Lynx/Wilcats passed over us (South of St Austell) at about 1800 yesterday, heading west - was dark so couldn't id!

Local Spotter

Post by Local Spotter » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:54 pm

I would imagine some kind of exercise is going on. I'm sure I saw a Hawk and a Falcon flying around around St Mawgan yesterday.

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Message deleted! ! :grr:
Last edited by buzzer on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Local Spotter

Post by Local Spotter » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:01 pm

Thanks.... Can only assume they had the Hawks up.

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Local Spotter wrote:Thanks.... Can only assume they had the Hawks up.
Yep, four landed back at Culdrose at about 1615L

Local Spotter

Post by Local Spotter » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Thanks, still a bit puzzled by the very loud noise after midnight. Assume the Hawks were up then?

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Message deleted :@
Last edited by buzzer on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Guys this type of request should go in the OTT/Heads up section, where the post will also have more visibility.

Thanks

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:33 pm

Dunk wrote:Guys this type of request should go in the OTT/Heads up section, where the post will also have more visibility.

Thanks
Sorry dunk.
But yet again the spotters of the SW are victimised by others on this forum. :(
I replied to the above request with what I thought was a sensible reply.
With in 10 minutes of it being posted, the forum tit! That is Mike views it....and goes of to tell on us for posting in the wrong section..!
Such a shame for what was a cracking forum is being killed ( just like the Facebook page is !) By just a couple of people hell bent on pissing people off!
I'm sure it's not just me that has noticed the number of posts in the local sections slowly dwindling down to nothing over the last 12 mouths? ? I wonder why :whistle:
so congratulations to the 2 main instigators. . Your slowly killing the forum :huh:
mods if you feel you now need to delete my account? ? Feel free..as I've had it with all the negative replies and have gone else where! :pop:

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:42 pm

I don't think name calling is called for.

Nobody is victimising this section, there are forum rules, which you and every other member has agreed to when signing up.
All I've asked is that in future you post in the relevant section as it's more use to other members and yourselves.

If you wish to leave, then I wish you well, but I'm sure you don't need to take such drastic action over simple requests to abide by the forum rules.

Cheers

Dunk

DaveG

Post by DaveG » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Dunk, not wanting to stir anything up and wanting to understand the problem. You state:
Nobody is victimising this section, there are forum rules, which you and every other member has agreed to when signing up.
All I've asked is that in future you post in the relevant section as it's more use to other members and yourselves.
Are you talking about these Forum Rules, being the only ones I can find, if so where in there does it "tell us" and "we signed up to" that state, posting is restricted within this section and we should not post local OTT topics where the interest is in "local" traffic.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24285

Only interest in which rule you refer to please?
Running SBS-3 & Planeplotter code: F4
Cornwall, near EGDR

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:07 pm

It's the constant digging out by just 2 people that has got so many people upset.. as is evident by the lack of posts in the local section. Others seem to be able to post what they like where they like and get left alone? ??
Why they feel the need to dig out some and not others, is beyond me!

Seafire 47

Post by Seafire 47 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Dunk wrote:I don't think name calling is called for.

If you wish to leave, then I wish you well, but I'm sure you don't need to take such drastic action over simple requests to abide by the forum rules.

Cheers

Dunk
I disagree completely,as Buzzer stated it's the same two that consistently target the SW section and the result of which has led to two of the most prolific and informed posters to quit. Quite a few photos were posted in SW section for a while and you Mods didn't seem to mind until the above mentioned individuals began their little crusade.
I understand the need for rules but are these minor infractions really such a big deal?,do you feel it's worth the loss of some truly dedicated members of our hobby just to satisfy what is quite clearly a very small but vendictive minority?
It's small wonder that the SW section has become so quiet.

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:51 pm

It's such a shame the way this forum has gone.. It use to be a very informative friendly forum. Now it seems there are people on here that want to upset as many as they can! :grr:
think it's time for me to move on aswell :P

Seafire 47

Post by Seafire 47 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:17 pm

As I recall the same thing happened to a similar forum with one or two bad apples with too much time on their hands that upset the whole cart.

Wrighty

Post by Wrighty » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:20 pm

The two Chinooks that came down in the early hours were

LIFTER 1 ZA670
LIFTER 2 ZA718

Saw them RTB over myself about 1530 this afternoon
Allan
http://wrightys.smugmug.com/MilitaryAviation

I've accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. My next s**t could spell disaster!!!

Return to “South West England”