Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Low Fast Mover - very loud!!!!

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
mrgijones1

Low Fast Mover - very loud!!!!

Post by mrgijones1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi guys, I'm in Radstock about 8 miles south of Bath and at around 18.50 a fast mover shot across towards Bristol. I didn't catch site of it but it was moving extremely fast and very loud.

Anyone have any idea of what it was?

Cheers. :thumb:

Sussex to Devon

Re: Low Fast Mover - very loud!!!!

Post by Sussex to Devon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi,

A Marham Tornado was in the S/W area of Exeter around that time. Maybe on its return?
Ian

mozzer

Post by mozzer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:27 pm

ZA559 'spar01' came over wick, bristol very fast & low then headed back north about 18:50 ish again back over wick.
Canon 50D
Canon 100-400
Canon 28-135
www.garymorrisphotography.co.uk
www.eggd.co.uk

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:31 pm

mozzer wrote:ZA559 'spar01' came over wick, bristol very fast & low then headed back north about 18:50 ish again back over wick.
That'll be "Spartan 1" then, can I ask why this thread was posted in the SW section and not the OTT/Heads-up section?

mrgijones1

Post by mrgijones1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks for the replies - thought someone on here would identify the aircraft.

Sorry if posted in the wrong place - it's my first post :Oops:

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:55 pm

mrgijones1 wrote:Thanks for the replies - thought someone on here would identify the aircraft.

Sorry if posted in the wrong place - it's my first post :Oops:
No problem, don't worry about it and welcome to the forum. :thumb:

mrgijones1

Post by mrgijones1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Thank-you Mike, look forward to contributing as much as I can. My office window overlooks the approach to Keevil airfield and I live on a sometimes busy transit point onto Salisbury Plain and Keevil so hopefully can add something of interest to the forum.

bouncyt

Post by bouncyt » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Welcome to the forum mrgijones1.

Mike, I refer you to my post last month.viewtopic.php?f=27&t=100066&p=628321#p628321 I really do not understand why you feel that, since your not a moderator, you persist in making such posts as your above in a section of the forum which covers an area at the other end of the country from you. If the moderators have a concern then they should clarify matters for all concerned. If you do wish to be proactive perhaps you could understand the issues that I posted and other concerns of the members that make to OTT section less used than you would like it to be to develop a more user friendly section.

defender 110

Post by defender 110 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:51 pm

well said bouncyt hope to see you next week down here at some point

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:15 am

bouncyt wrote:Welcome to the forum mrgijones1.

Mike, I refer you to my post last month.viewtopic.php?f=27&t=100066&p=628321#p628321 I really do not understand why you feel that, since your not a moderator, you persist in making such posts as your above in a section of the forum which covers an area at the other end of the country from you. If the moderators have a concern then they should clarify matters for all concerned. If you do wish to be proactive perhaps you could understand the issues that I posted and other concerns of the members that make to OTT section less used than you would like it to be to develop a more user friendly section.
So what's the point of having a Heads up/OTT section in the first place, maybe we should only use the regional sections and do away with it completely?

It just wouldn't work, would it?

Dan213

Post by Dan213 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:45 am

Mike why do you feel the need to act like a moderator on here all the time. Just leave it to the people that know best, and no, that doesn't include you. People like you just ruin the forums by posting things like that.

Welcome to the forum mrgijones1! :)

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Post by garyscott » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Im sure any one of us would provide a new poster with guidance on where certain post types should ideally go, which is what mike did, so I really don't think he should be shot up for that.
And welcome to the new poster in question - mrgijones1. :thumb:
There have been several low and fast movements in area recently, unfortunately where I live now I don't get ANY warning of an approaching aircraft! :lol:

mrgijones1

Post by mrgijones1 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Thanks for the welcomes guys much appreciated! Great to be on board. I took no offence at what Mike posted and just saw the comment as guidance for a noob, but can understand that someone more sensitive than me could see it as a telling off and maybe be put off posting in future in case they got it wrong, so understand the other point of view too.

I know what you mean Gary, it used to be a daily occurrence to be buzzed by fast movers but it's once in a blue moon here now. Think I'm not acclimatised to the sudden jet sound anymore, hence me and my 3 cats practically hit the deck when it shot over :-)

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:30 pm

It's interesting, several times I've looked at this section to see what's happening aviationwise in the SW of England. I don't get there hugely but have in interest so like to see what's happening. If something has flown through/over the area then to me (evidenced by the fact it's the first place I looked before I was aware of the views of some) this seems the most logical place. I don't look a great deal at the OTT page as ultimately I guess something interesting is always going to be flying somewhere over the UK and I'm not necessarily interested in all areas, so I think this IS the place for notification or queries of flying in that area. I do understand the rationale for other views but I am not convinced.

Return to “South West England”