Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Typhoon on 'burners over North Dorset

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
jam69

Typhoon on 'burners over North Dorset

Post by jam69 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:13 pm

Any info?

radfan57

Re: Typhoon on 'burners over North Dorset

Post by radfan57 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Saw it myself,,have posted a query on the BAEG site as I think its one of the two currently at Hurn

Sussex to Devon

Post by Sussex to Devon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi,

I believe it was ZK308 Typhoon (TP-V)

Credit BAEG
Ian

radfan57

Post by radfan57 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:26 pm

OK thanks for that :thumbs:

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Yet another post that should be in the "UK Heads Up and OTT" section, why do you SW guys think you are so different from the rest of the UK?

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:24 am

Mike wrote:Yet another post that should be in the "UK Heads Up and OTT" section, why do you SW guys think you are so different from the rest of the UK?
Clearly mike it isn't just us that post in there local section with questions regarding local OTT movements
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=99276
Heck.. this one's even got OTT in the title! ! :unsure:
It would seem your just hell bent on digging out people from the south west??! :'(
Last edited by buzzer on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jam69

Post by jam69 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:30 am

Thanks for the constructive feedback Mike. Really appreciate the positive way you encouraged my use of the forum, that being my second post and the principal reason why I try to avoid asking fellow 'enthusiasts' for help on forums.

bouncyt

Post by bouncyt » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Welcome to the forum jam09.
I believe the way the South West part of the forum is used seems to suit the majority of its users.
Mike has an opinion that all OTT traffic should be posted in the OTT section. He lives in Inverness according to his profile but seems to get upset by the way those of us down here post in the South West part.
I find garnering information from the OTT section difficult to say the least. There is very few posts relevant to the South West in OTT and it is difficult by scanning that section to find which post is relevant to which area without reading all the posts. Here in the south west t'internet can be slow particularly in remote areas and on mobile, hence reading and posting in one section is the best for the locals. Perhaps the mods might like to consider changing some of the rules of the forum which in doing so would help the users and have no detrimental effect on the performance.

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Well said bouncyt :thumbs:
And a very warm welcome jam09 ;)

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Sussex to Devon wrote:Hi,

I believe it was ZK308 Typhoon (TP-V)

Credit BAEG
It certainly was and was on its way back from Leuchars. The weather at Bournemouth on its return was quite stormy with heavy rain and lightning so he held off for a while before landing.
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

flyingslug_0

Post by flyingslug_0 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Guys and Gals, just to let you know that we are keeping an eye on things. :thumb:

tonkatom

Post by tonkatom » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:54 pm

flyingslug_0 wrote:Guys and Gals, just to let you know that we are keeping an eye on things. :thumb:
Any reason as to why Mike is so hostile towards other users and what action is planned if he repeatedly keeps being in-sensitive or rude towards other users?A bully behind a computer screen if you ask me,if there was a problem with people posting in the wrong section then I think that's a job for the moderators or administrators to deal with,dont you think Mike? :S :grr:
Thanks for posting youre info Jam69
May the skies be clear and blue and the wind fair with a guiding star to steer by.

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:31 am

I really can't understand the negativity of the response, I looked up so that I could see activity in the SW of the UK, this detailed some interesting activity in the SW of the UK. It seems to me the right request and information in the right place with a good response to which I now feel more informed. Job done? Thanks all BTW for your comments and contribution.

POL

Post by POL » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:59 am

tonkatom wrote:Any reason as to why Mike is so hostile towards other users and what action is planned if he repeatedly keeps being in-sensitive or rude towards other users?
Insensitive in what way? Or did you just want to fit more words in before you dropped the bully line in?

In my opinion, Mike has a fair point, everyone else posts movements that are OTT in the OTT section, other than the odd post which slips the net. The SW seem to be different, very much like the Tuesday club... :whistle:

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:13 pm

EGCC wrote:
tonkatom wrote:Any reason as to why Mike is so hostile towards other users and what action is planned if he repeatedly keeps being in-sensitive or rude towards other users?
Insensitive in what way? Or did you just want to fit more words in before you dropped the bully line in?

In my opinion, Mike has a fair point, everyone else posts movements that are OTT in the OTT section, other than the odd post which slips the net. The SW seem to be different, very much like the Tuesday club... :whistle:
wonder how long it would be before you
Chris(aka EGCC) joined in :whistle:
If you follow the link I posted above, clearly it isn't just us in the SW section that find it easier to post in the relevant section regarding local movements!
A quick search of the forum will provide proof elsewhere.
I really can't see what the problem is.. but it would seem that there are a couple with in the forum that is FC that seem hell bent on digging other out on a regular basis ,to the point that some members have felt the need to flock the nest as they have had enough! :@ and i for one don't blame them! !

POL

Post by POL » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:22 pm

I didn't follow the link above, and you'll see I acknowledged it in my post (it's the bit about "other than the odd post which slips the net" if you weren't sure).

Personally, I'd like to see everyone posting OTT posts in the OTT section. I'm not a moderator, I'm not a staff member (thankfully, not sure I have the time to fix everything that people get wrong - I do enough of that at work!) but I'm still not sure how that precludes me from pointing people to the right section?

You are in the "Spotters Area - Serials and Airfield Logs" section. So that's posts with serials and airfield logs, which provides a little bit of ambiguity (the serial was posted) but was originally meant to be for movements at airfields, i.e. "ABC123 has arrived at Big Airbase" or "BOOM99 is departing Fred's Airstrip". The Heads Up & OTT section was for anything flying between bases. Does that help show, from my side, why I feel there is a problem?

Maybe the actual forum section of the regions needs to be locked down and only the airfield sections left open for posting...

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:33 pm

It's all a fair point Chris. But as has been said before. People seem to find it easier to post a question in there relevant section that's more likely to get an answer rather than being lost among the many posts within the OTT section.
Surly if the mods had a problem with this they would move /lock a tread? ?
I think what really upsets people is when the bullying starts after they have posted a question aimed at the local spotters only to get a nasty reply from someone at the other end of the country! !
Last edited by buzzer on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

peejay75

Post by peejay75 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Well said buzzer mate.Its atad bit petty to start gobbing off on here just because somebody wanted to know what an aircraft was other the South West area.hey ho as they say "You cant educate pork,you can only cure it!"

tonkatom

Post by tonkatom » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:11 pm

EGCC wrote:

I can see his point,the post is in the wrong section but as mentioned before its the manner in how he responds,theres no place for those kind of responses on this forum.Im not the only member becoming rather in-patient.
May the skies be clear and blue and the wind fair with a guiding star to steer by.

Return to “South West England”