Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Landivisiau Tiger Meet - Advice please

MikeG23

Landivisiau Tiger Meet - Advice please

Post by MikeG23 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:05 pm

I'm going to the Tiger meet next month but have never been to one before and would appreciate any advice/guidance on offer.

Is there seating available or do you take your own camping chairs ?

Can you buy food/drink on base ?

What time should I plan to arrive ?

Anything else to be aware of ?

Regards
Mike

phila

Re: Landivisiau Tiger Meet - Advice please

Post by phila » Sat May 13, 2017 5:41 pm

MikeG23 wrote:I'm going to the Tiger meet next month but have never been to one before and would appreciate any advice/guidance on offer.

Is there seating available or do you take your own camping chairs ?

Can you buy food/drink on base ?

What time should I plan to arrive ?

Anything else to be aware of ?

Regards
Mike

Mike

Not sure if you've ever been to an air show before but it is a very similar concept (stand there and watch planes most of the day and walk round a few)

One useful tip - perhaps take some food and a small fold up chair with you and that way it doesn't matter if seating and food are available at the base or not)

You are probably best to arrive before it starts

Regarding other things to be aware of - the French drive on the right - could be a bit tricky

Freeman Lowell

Post by Freeman Lowell » Sun May 14, 2017 7:15 am

Mike,
When details of this meet were first posted there was a page on the natotigers site that gave details of the day. I can't see it now (anyone?) but I recall it said food was available although I can't recall whether bringing your own chairs on site was permissable.
The site currently says that spotters are expected between 0730 & 0930hrs. (Flying starts at 1000hrs.)
The last TM at Landivisiau was a great day. If this is as good, you'll enjoy it.
Freeman
Sometimes I talk to myself, then we both laugh and laugh.

MikeG23

Post by MikeG23 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:40 am

Freeman - thanks. Each snippet of info helps. So far the organisers have barely told me anything apart from "you're approved and have paid", so at least I know I can go. There are no tickets, no timings, no instructions so I'm just going to turn up with my ID and payment receipt hope for the best.
Mike

Covey

Post by Covey » Tue May 16, 2017 7:47 pm

I'm also travelling to the NTM next month and for me its my first time to both an NTM and an 'away' aviation event and I'm really looking forward to it. Does anyone have any advice as to whether its possible to view and take photographs on the non spotter days from the outside or is security quite tight? Thanks in advance.
Covey.

ArthurG

Post by ArthurG » Wed May 17, 2017 1:26 pm

My first visit to one of these events as well. I am planning to combine it with the show at La Ferte Alais, so will have a couple of days to fill.
Doing a bit of research, the Ian Allen Tour Itinerary has days set aside for 'standing outside the base at the runway threshold' so I am assuming that will be at or near the village of Bodilis. I imagine there will be a bit more 'local intel' to be had from there.

Downrange

Post by Downrange » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Like many others travelling to this part of France next week, does anyone know if there are any W&R's in the NW sector of France? I know the area is not over-burdened with airfields but I thought there used to be a Super Frelon in the Brest area?
Any info much appreciated.
Colin

Mikepaparomeo

Post by Mikepaparomeo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi Colin. Yes, a Super Frelon is adjacent to the harbour in Brest. Visible from La Tour (the tower) which from memory is on the west/north shore of the estuary/river. I can get a coordinate if you need more info. Regards, Mark

Downrange

Post by Downrange » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks Mark -appreciate that. If you have co-ordinates handy, would be grateful at some stage. Not heading over till Wednesday. Much obliged, Colin

Freeman Lowell

Post by Freeman Lowell » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:33 pm

Colin,
A copy of Andy Marden's EMOOS 2104 or a look at the Wolverhampton Eurodemobbed website will help you in your quest. Both give co-ords.
Bonne chance.
Freeman
Sometimes I talk to myself, then we both laugh and laugh.

Mikepaparomeo

Post by Mikepaparomeo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Hello again Colin, all.
The Super Frelon in Brest is at 48.384642, -4.495405, next to the bridge 'Ponte de Recouvrance'. Eurodemobbed give the co-ords of the tower 'Musée de la Tour Tanguy' on the opposite bank to the heli. Best place to view and photograph from is from Boulevard de Francais Libre. Hope you find it. Maybe bump into you on Wednesday/Thursday as I'll be making the journey over to Brittany on Tuesday night. Tiger Tiger Tiger!

Downrange

Post by Downrange » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:48 am

Thanks Mark, great stuff! Have a safe trip and indeed our paths might cross, I'll be the one driving four Irishmen around Brittany!
Regards, Colin

Downrange

Post by Downrange » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:50 am

Thanks Freeman - will check out that site...appreciate it!
Regards, Colin

eggchaser

Post by eggchaser » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Safely ensconced in a cheapo motel in Morlaix, had curry, going to bed soon.

One question, do I bring a scanner or not?

Return to “France”