Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

NTM 2016 request.

slogen51

NTM 2016 request.

Post by slogen51 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:38 pm

Like many a poor soul i can't get down to Zaragoza for the spotters day or in time for the Saturday open house.

Anybody on here have any info relating to viewing movements and are the pans visible from the surroundings?

Mtia
Mike.

slogen51

Re: NTM 2016 request.

Post by slogen51 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:38 am

Might as well answer my own question rather than leave it hanging ( it's probably all in the Scramble airfield quides anyway - I really should sign up)

Zaragoza is quite easy if you have a car. There is some rough ground under runway 30R which you can reach on foot and in the morning the sun would be behind you but arrivals to 30L " the military runway" are still quite high.

Under 30L there is a mound at the end of a track that over looks the ALA15 ramps and before heat haze you can read hornet codes and I could just about read the AMI eurofighter codes. The mound is at the end of a road called calls alguero - drive off the roundabout on to a track
ALA15 tend to use the northern runway which is good from this spot.

The western end under runway 12 can be reached by driving down the road north of the airfield (Camino Barboles ) keep going across a roundabout and past the C-130 hangars on your left. Take a left turn down an unnamed road that takes you over the canal and on to a gravel road past a quarry. Follow the road and you will see the end of the runway.

During the above drive you can see the mirage F1 and look across to the tiger meet ramps in the distance.

From the western end fighters taking off from 30L will be quite high but you can still read most off. When they land on 30L and taxi to the end you can get great shots in the afternoon by driving around to the southern side and parking opposite the taxi way and walking up to the fence. During NTM16 security security didn't seem to bothered but I bet this isn't usually the case?

the tiger meet ramps are on this southern runway and you can see the ramps clearly from the northern road but at a distance.

Return to “Spain & Portugal”