Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

What format do you export your pictures to?

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
p6025

Re: What format do you export your pictures to?

Post by p6025 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:40 am

Mark wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:33 pm
Probably Paul, but i have my owm peculiar way of doing things I guess...
I have to read 'peculiar' as meaning probably inefficient :lol:, but whatever works for you.

Paul.

BatFlanker

Post by BatFlanker » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 pm

I've just recently started using Lightroom, but have been exporting as JPEG,100 quality. I'll need to give DNG/Tiff export a try if there is a noticeable difference, thanks for the tips! :thumb:

p6025

Post by p6025 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:40 pm

BatFlanker wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 pm
I've just recently started using Lightroom, but have been exporting as JPEG,100 quality. I'll need to give DNG/Tiff export a try if there is a noticeable difference, thanks for the tips! :thumb:
Typically with LR, the purpose of exported files should determine the file format you should probably use, e.g. online = jpeg (maybe png), printing = tiff (maybe psd).

Wallace

Post by Wallace » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:04 am

Shoot in RAW, export in JPG and save in JPG.

For the run of the mill show your pictures on Forums and databases using TIF gives the maximum amount of quality but at the end of the day that wide gamut AdobeRGB RAW image is going to end up as a compressed sRGB JPG image, so the effort is wasted.

Seeing someone mentioned it, gone over in Lockdown to CaptureOne from Lightroom and only miss the way it does keywording

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”