Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

jet photos advice

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
ghostwave525

jet photos advice

Post by ghostwave525 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:07 am

hey guys i went to stansted on saturday and got a picture of this saudi medevac gulfstream and was wondering if you guys think this is good enough for jet photos i have put 4 up there and only 1 got accepted

i know there very strict so i was hoping you guys could tell me if you think its good enough, here's the link https://www.flickr.com/photos/182428974 ... ed-public/

thanks in advance

also it was very cloudy as you can see on the picture so i'm not sure if they would reject it just cause of that reason?

Richard B

Re: jet photos advice

Post by Richard B » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Will not matter who likes them on here, its up too jet photo site what they allow.
To be honest I would not use any of them, to close cropped for me,

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:02 pm

It's a good shot, but they could have rejected it because it's a little dark, too tightly cropped and the registration is partly obscured by the winglet. (Just my opinion) :)
It seems to have just left the ground because it's gear is starting to retract, I would have thought it would have had a more 'nose-up' attitude in that case - that's possibly another reason.

Keep up the good work. :thumb:

ghostwave525

Post by ghostwave525 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:20 pm

Mike wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:02 pm
It's a good shot, but they could have rejected it because it's a little dark, too tightly cropped and the registration is partly obscured by the winglet. (Just my opinion) :)
It seems to have just left the ground because it's gear is starting to retract, I would have thought it would have had a more 'nose-up' attitude in that case - that's possibly another reason.

Keep up the good work. :thumb:
it hasn't been rejected yet

the registration being blocked will not have an effect i see so many photos with the registration being blocked luckily there not that strict

yea it is a little dark im guessing it's going to get rejected for being back lit

and i have one photo on there which is tighter cropped than that so that won't be a reason but thanks for the feedback

and thank you

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Sorry, I must have misread your post, I thought they'd rejected it and you were asking why.

Personally I wouldn't send it to them for the reasons I already posted. :)

ghostwave525

Post by ghostwave525 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:32 pm

Mike wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:28 pm
Sorry, I must have misread your post, I thought they'd rejected it and you were asking why.

Personally I wouldn't send it to them for the reasons I already posted. :)
it's all good

and its not the best photo but it wouldn't get rejected for some of the reasons you pointed out

it's personal preference i guess

Wallace

Post by Wallace » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:25 pm

I'm sure they will think of some way of rejecting your photo.
Jet Photos is more for plane spotters with cameras than aviation photographers.

If nothing else Jake, you have your Flickr site and that's the only site you'll ever need to show your photos without someone else's opinion ruining your hobby.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:41 pm

I used them twice - one accepted and one (which I thought was better) was rejected. Didn't bother any more. Read some comments some years ago which suggested that the acceptance/rejection depended on the reviewer and their criteria did not seem to be followed rigorously. Having looked at some of the images that seemed to be borne out as there was a mix of good and less_than-good.

I have nothing against the site but, as Wallace implied it seemed to be a personal show-case for self-satisfaction rather than for genuine enthusiasts. Each to their own I guess.

ghostwave525

Post by ghostwave525 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 pm

Nighthawke wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:41 pm
I used them twice - one accepted and one (which I thought was better) was rejected. Didn't bother any more. Read some comments some years ago which suggested that the acceptance/rejection depended on the reviewer and their criteria did not seem to be followed rigorously. Having looked at some of the images that seemed to be borne out as there was a mix of good and less_than-good.

I have nothing against the site but, as Wallace implied it seemed to be a personal show-case for self-satisfaction rather than for genuine enthusiasts. Each to their own I guess.
yea i do like the site but like you said it depends who's screening it like i put the same photo on airliners.net and jetphotos ( ps it wasn't a good photo ) and airlines.net said to little contrast and lack of information and then jetphotos said not centered,soft and was back lit so it really does depend on who's screening it and how strict they are but i do like to post them on there cause it's fun for me and mainly the excitement of getting one on there cause you know how strict they are

ghostwave525

Post by ghostwave525 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Wallace wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:25 pm
I'm sure they will think of some way of rejecting your photo.
Jet Photos is more for plane spotters with cameras than aviation photographers.

If nothing else Jake, you have your Flickr site and that's the only site you'll ever need to show your photos without someone else's opinion ruining your hobby.
yea im thinking about not posting on there put i like the community and like i said on the other post it's the excitement of getting your image accepted but i won't let them ruin my hobby after all if they reject your photo you get a reason so they are helping my improve as well

thank you

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”