Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Budget DSLR For Novice?

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Richard B

Re: Budget DSLR For Novice?

Post by Richard B » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:51 pm

Would look at the Sony range, you get image stabilisation in the camera body not the lens like canon or nikon,
This as big benefits if your on a budget.
Any lens you stick on you have image stabilisation, so going for a basic 70-300mm lens for around £100 odd pounds becomes the £300 plus you would pay for the image stabilisation version.
Great if you buy something like the Sigma 50-500 you have a great image stabilisation on a 500mm lens.
Try buying any 500mm image stabilisation lens from canon or nikon and you will need very deep pockets.
So my advice is have a really good hard look at the Sony Dslr bodies.

John flightpath

Post by John flightpath » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Its a very good point that you raise there Richard, regarding the IS being in the camera body. Its good to learn about things on here. Also Tommc with the Sony Bridge camera. Great images.
Equipment
Canon EOS 750D

Sigma APO OS DG 150-500mm
Canon 55-250 IS STM Lens
Sigma APO DG 70-300 lens

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi all,

I'm still undecided on which camera to go for. I quite like the attraction of an all in one bridge camera, but it's just that long range zoom quality that I'm not sure about. I'm just wondering which cameras can go long range without suffering from a deterioration in image quality. The search continues...

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

Stug298

Post by Stug298 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:52 pm

I think a nikon d3200 would be a good start i bought one three years ago and very happy with it.....

tommc

Post by tommc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:29 pm

TankBuster wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:42 pm
Hi all,

I'm still undecided on which camera to go for. I quite like the attraction of an all in one bridge camera, but it's just that long range zoom quality that I'm not sure about. I'm just wondering which cameras can go long range without suffering from a deterioration in image quality. The search continues...

TankBuster
As for zoom, and comparisons that anyone can make. Here are a few taken at RIAT last year. Remember, these were all taken by the same camera, mirrorless, with a non-interchangeable lens. It is supremely easy to use and carry around, and weighs very little. So, no changing of lenses, no multiple bodies etc to carry around.

Photogenius

Post by Photogenius » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:12 pm

Or get a low shutter use early semi pro DSLR secondhand. DSLR's do not hold their price so it is easy to pick up used models at a snip. The D3200, 3500 etc entry level cameras are OK but they tend not to be very robust. Also ensue that the camera has a motor in the body then at least you can pick up older auto focus lenses that do not have a motor in the lens. Just a suggestion if you are on a tight budget

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”