Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

NAS Whiting Field

skidrow

NAS Whiting Field

Post by skidrow » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:11 am

Hi all,

I'm off to Florida in November and would like to know what spotting is like for Whiting Field from the outside? I tried getting a visit but no luck, be grateful if anybody can give me some tips and info on what the viewings like or am I wasting my time.

Thanks
Paul

Thunder

Re: NAS Whiting Field

Post by Thunder » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:30 pm

I was there in 1997 on a base visit, and from what I can remember you will not see anything from outside the wire as the base is set within heavy woodland. I think the closest you can get from outside is about 5 miles from the actual airfield

JAWS

Re: NAS Whiting Field

Post by JAWS » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Thunder is correct , I paid a visit a couple of years back but couldn't see anything , you may get lucky and see them practicing around the Santa Rosa OLF but you'd be better off going to Pensacola which is not far away to the museum and you should see some stuff flying around there. If you're there on the 11th & 12th they have the Blue Angels homecoming Airshow.

Note : if visiting Pensacola the Museum is located on base , you will need to take your passport to gain entry.
Regards Steve............

"If the Military had to make money, they'd be doomed !!"
Chuck Adams, Buffalo Airlines.

Return to “United States of America”