Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Soaking in Somerset, Historic Helicopters Open Day - 5/8/21

Post your Airshow, Event, Families day's, flypast photos etc in here for all to see.
Rotörhead

Soaking in Somerset, Historic Helicopters Open Day - 5/8/21

Post by Rotörhead » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:50 am

As the title suggests, it was a wet one. In spite of this, the organisers put on an excellent display for those who waited for the horrible weather to pass, and I for one am glad I stayed!

Here's a view I don't think anyone would have ever anticipated seeing... a Whirlwind, Wessex, Sea King, Scout and Wasp all taking off in sequence. I believe this may have been a historic first for those types flying together?
ImageHistoric Helicopters Open Day, Chard Equestrian, 05/08/21 by Oliver Curtis, on Flickr

The weather flight in the morning really didn't take much convincing that it was horrible out there... a quick circuit around HH's base, mostly in cloud and horrible rain. I only shot it in case it was the only flight of the day :lol:
ImageHistoric Helicopters Open Day, Chard Equestrian, 05/08/21 by Oliver Curtis, on Flickr

The sun was there somewhere!

A special treat for those who stayed after hours, being air dried by the downwash of the Sea King on the gate!

Thanks for looking!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/olicphoto/

Aviation Photography Instagram: @olicphoto

tim_raper

Re: Soaking in Somerset, Historic Helicopters Open Day - 5/8/21

Post by tim_raper » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:40 am

thankyou for these, i am disappointed not to have made it there myself, but you have inspired me to make more of an effort next season

Stratocruiser

Re: Soaking in Somerset, Historic Helicopters Open Day - 5/8/21

Post by Stratocruiser » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:03 am

Your perseverance paid dividends. Thanks for sharing your excellent shots :thumbs:
Be the reason someone smiles today👍

Return to “Airshow & Event Photography”