Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Vulcan XM607 moved for maintenance

Post your Airshow, Event, Families day's, flypast photos etc in here for all to see.
Tally-ho

Vulcan XM607 moved for maintenance

Post by Tally-ho » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:54 pm

The gate at the WAVE opened at 11.30 as per their notice on Facebook and I arrived on the minute. However, the Vulcan had already vacated its hardstanding next to the A15 and was parked on the taxiway awaiting its next move to the area / hangar where the essential upkeep is to be done. So much for hoping to see the actual first move after so many years, from that hardstanding.
The first picture shows the Vulcan as seen from the WAVE carpark; yes the hedge . . . my second picture is from a vantage point next to the hedge using a two-step ladder for some elevation. And that was it, I did not wait for the next movement at 13.30, drizzle set in at 12.45 and I called it a day.

Edit: improved photos.
Last edited by Tally-ho on Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SeaFuryFan

Re: Vulcan XM607 move for maintenance

Post by SeaFuryFan » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:26 pm

Thanks for the effort in catching her ! Let's hope the aircraft gets some real tlc and it's not deemed to far gone, Like the Victor at Marham !

Stug298

Re: Vulcan XM607 moved for maintenance

Post by Stug298 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:41 pm

well done mate thank you...

Return to “Airshow & Event Photography”