Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Duxford Spring Car Show 2018

Warbirds, Replicas and Nostalgic photos in here please.
robstopper

Duxford Spring Car Show 2018

Post by robstopper » Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 am

I won't bother with the car pics, but here's some I took on the recent bank holiday weekend Spring car Show at Duxford IWM

Ahhh, ok then, just one car pic - it's of mine, but you can still see aircraft in the AAF building behind! ;)

paddyboy

Re: Duxford Spring Car Show 2018

Post by paddyboy » Wed May 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Very nice, buddy :thumbs:

Lovely to see 'No Guts No Glory' back over this side of the pond :thumb:

Pity about that last pic :whistle:

Thanks for posting :thumb:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Timmo

Post by Timmo » Thu May 17, 2018 10:32 am

A nice set of images, thanks for sharing. I particularly like the image of Mustang taxing towards the camera as it has Dragon Rapide G-AIYR in the background painted in RAF colours. G-AIYR was the first aircraft I flew in back in the early 90's.

P.s, Being a petrolhead, I like the shot of your Impreza, it looks like a tidy example.

robstopper

Post by robstopper » Thu May 17, 2018 11:08 am

The day was more about cars than planes, but Duxford being Duxford, they usually fly something during the day. Had nothing last year due to cruddy weather and high winds, but the year before we got the Blenheim, the year before that was the pair of Mk1 Spitfires.

I've flown in that Rapide too, alongside Spirit of Kent TA805 two years ago.

PS. thanks - she hides her years well!

jem60

Post by jem60 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Timmo. My first flight was also in a Rapide, at a B.o.B day at RAF Halton. In another life, a long, long, time ago, I jumped out of your Duxford Rapide's sister ship, G-AKIF [the blue one] 3 times in a day in my Skydiving days at Thruxton a lifetime ago. They are lovely aircraft to fly in!!.[But I seldom landed in one] :) I find it hard to believe that those 3 jumps were 50 years ago, almost to the day!!. :S

Timmo

Post by Timmo » Fri May 18, 2018 11:55 am

robstopper wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:08 am

I've flown in that Rapide too, alongside Spirit of Kent TA805 two years ago.

PS. thanks - she hides her years well!
That's cool, I bet it was a flight to remember!

I miss my '96 MR2, that also hid its age well. I do like Jap cars..
jem60 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:23 pm
Timmo. My first flight was also in a Rapide, at a B.o.B day at RAF Halton. In another life, a long, long, time ago, I jumped out of your Duxford Rapide's sister ship, G-AKIF [the blue one] 3 times in a day in my Skydiving days at Thruxton a lifetime ago. They are lovely aircraft to fly in!!.[But I seldom landed in one] :) I find it hard to believe that those 3 jumps were 50 years ago, almost to the day!!. :S
My first flight was at Great Warbirds '94 at Wroughton. My father and I were looking around the static aircraft when I noticed that pleasure flights were on offer. I clocked the DC-3 straight away (I was 10 and it seemed massive!) but my Dad wanted my first trip to be in something a little more special. I'm glad he did! I cannot imaging skydiving out of one, although I wouldn't mind a go at parachuting..

Return to “Warbirds, Replicas and Nostalgic Photography”