Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

The wife played a blinder!!!!

Only modern military and government aviation can be posted in this section.
phoenixjfc

The wife played a blinder!!!!

Post by phoenixjfc » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:06 pm

Picture the scene, the week after Christmas 2008 and me and the wife are talking about where to go for next years holiday, totally out of the blue she says lets go to Norfolk we have never been before and there are lots of airfields near by, i had the credit card out of my wallet and a cottage found on the internet in a matter of minutes.
So in July we went to stop at a lovely cottage with heated outdoor pool, jacuzzi and pool table between Downham Market and Kings Lynn and 5 miles from Marham.

Day 3 the wife wanted to stop round the pool so we toddled off to Marham, what a pig of a place to park and view we drove around the base before finding the entrance to a farmers field a way off the end of the end of the runway.

There wasn't much going on so we went back to the cottage and we were pleasantly surprised by the amount of traffic that came over the top.

Day 4 - The wife wanted to go shopping so we drove into Cambridge dropped her off and had a run up to Mildenhall and Lakenheath.

Again the Hall was fairly quiet apart from Talon 71 doing touch and go's and the odd local KC-135 returning to base so we made the short drive to the Heath.

We only stopped about an hour before having to go back to Cambridge to pick the wife up.
Hope you enjoyed, part 2 to follow shortly

Thanks
Andy
Phoenixjfc

LMP

Re: The wife played a blinder!!!!

Post by LMP » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Wives are generally useful things to have! hehehe! Nice set of shots!

phoenixjfc

Post by phoenixjfc » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:47 pm

LMP i agree, but having one that understands your hobby and is willing to consider a holiday that combines that hobby is very rare!!!
So much so that i think this year we are getting a log cabin near lake Bala in wales (Mach loop country) yet again result.

Cheers

Andy
Phoenixjfc

viper3111

Post by viper3111 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Nice pics there, my mrs is quite suportive to my hobby. We are of to fairford, waddo and telford (ipms do) next year. What more could you want (still pee'ed that I bought her a Z4 and I get to drive the crappy old mondeo :@ )

LMP

Post by LMP » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:59 pm

phoenixjfc wrote:LMP i agree, but having one that understands your hobby and is willing to consider a holiday that combines that hobby is very rare!!!
So much so that i think this year we are getting a log cabin near lake Bala in wales (Mach loop country) yet again result.

Cheers

Andy
Phoenixjfc
My husband is broadly supportive of my hobby - which is also my job! hehehe :whistle:

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:29 pm

I'm doing a week(ish) down Norfolk way in March again, and you've got my juices going already !!!!! :clap: :clap:
Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

phoenixjfc

Post by phoenixjfc » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Firstly LMP apologies for the gender mistake :Oops: i just realised you are the infamous Lil Miss Parsnip and lucky you for being on the job so to speak.
Beefsteak i hope you have as good a time as we did? i couldn't believe how lucky we got with the weather and closeness to so much action, even when we were at the cottage there was tons of stuff going OTT and the scanner went into melt down with the radio traffic me and Josh were happy chappies :thumb:

Have a look tomorrow morning for part 2

Andy
Phoenixjfc

Return to “Current Military Photography”