Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Only modern military and government aviation can be posted in this section.
User avatar
633 squadron
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 pm
Location: urrrm hard to describe...
Contact:

My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by 633 squadron » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi everyone,
Just like to say a big thankyou to everyone, the people on Fighter control who provided the information as to where we should go and the general information that people gave about the flypast. Also thanks very much RAF for putting up such a AWESOME day for everyone. I cant be thankful enough for what happened on the 28th, I will never forget it. Here are some of my photos from the day, I tried to have a bit more of a creative approach to my photography rather than try to get shots that everyone else has. i also tried to get shots that i really show what the Legendary Tonka is about. Unfortunately the weather wasn't that favoring but it didn't dampen the atmosphere. CC welcome but please not to harsh because i only 16!!

Image
At the start of the day this came along a very very sad sight to see.

Image
Cant get much better than this!

Image
Full burners and lots of jello Beautiful!

Image

Image
One of the best sights I've ever seen!

Image

Image
My mate near the fence, Its hard for us young ones as we dont remember the tonka as much as the older people but It certainly wont be forgotten.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Final wink from the Tonka

Image

Image

Image

Image

Once Again thankyou everyone. :) :thumbs:
Fujifilm X-T2 - XF 100-400mm
My website http://633media.co.uk/
633 4Ever :cool:

colt41
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by colt41 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:52 pm

I like the last one, a good set of photos thanks for showing them.

Bragail
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by Bragail » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Fantastic set of pictures - thanks for sharing. B

IMarsh
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Didcot, Oxon

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by IMarsh » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:13 pm

Great set of photos, just wish I could have been there

User avatar
CookipediaChef
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:38 pm
Location: Upwell, Norfolk, UK
Contact:

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by CookipediaChef » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:23 pm

Great set of pics. The best thing is there is no silly personal logo on them so they can all go straight into my home slide-show :clap:
Looking forwards to more!
--Jerry

User avatar
Bobcode
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: Suffolk

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by Bobcode » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:33 pm

These are really good, personal favourite, number 6, well done 👍

User avatar
Dave934
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:43 pm
Location: Mildenhall

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by Dave934 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:47 pm

Some absolutely stunning shots, the last photo is something really special, no one will ever see that again.
Dave.

phantomrob
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by phantomrob » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:34 pm

all i can say is , that you should not have been in that field.
it was clearly marked at every possible entrance to it.

ranger703
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:02 am

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by ranger703 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:40 pm

phantomrob wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:34 pm
all i can say is , that you should not have been in that field.
it was clearly marked at every possible entrance to it.
I have seen this posted on many social media sites and prior to the event it is what I thought to be the case, albeit I am not familiar with the Marham airfield. However I have seen photographs from RAF photographers and also 'professional' photographers that appear to have been taken from a similar area. Were there military and 'professional photographers inside the fence line at that end of the runway or were they also in an area that had been clearly marked as out of bounds? I am just curious to find out if those in the know regarding the elephant walk could not resist the opportunity

User avatar
633 squadron
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 pm
Location: urrrm hard to describe...
Contact:

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by 633 squadron » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:07 pm

ranger703 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:40 pm
phantomrob wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:34 pm
all i can say is , that you should not have been in that field.
it was clearly marked at every possible entrance to it.
I have seen this posted on many social media sites and prior to the event it is what I thought to be the case, albeit I am not familiar with the Marham airfield. However I have seen photographs from RAF photographers and also 'professional' photographers that appear to have been taken from a similar area. Were there military and 'professional photographers inside the fence line at that end of the runway or were they also in an area that had been clearly marked as out of bounds? I am just curious to find out if those in the know regarding the elephant walk could not resist the opportunity
The entrance that i went in had absolutely no signs of any kind of sign saying no entrance in.
Fujifilm X-T2 - XF 100-400mm
My website http://633media.co.uk/
633 4Ever :cool:

phantomrob
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by phantomrob » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:10 pm

yes there were RAF photographers and other personnel in base taking photo's at the end of the runway from inside.
the field was set for potatoes.
The farmer had kindly opened his field for parking to keep the spotters out of his other fields.
Every gap in the hedge had a note on it saying Private keep out.

User avatar
Slick
Posts: 524
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: Downrange

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by Slick » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:19 pm

:thumb: Cracking set mate, thanks for sharing with the community
Warm Regards,

Pawel

User avatar
633 squadron
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 pm
Location: urrrm hard to describe...
Contact:

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by 633 squadron » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:25 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, Muchly appreciated.
Fujifilm X-T2 - XF 100-400mm
My website http://633media.co.uk/
633 4Ever :cool:

User avatar
herc15
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:36 am
Location: in that place... like right here

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by herc15 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:27 pm

633 squadron wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:07 pm
ranger703 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:40 pm
phantomrob wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:34 pm
all i can say is , that you should not have been in that field.
it was clearly marked at every possible entrance to it.
I have seen this posted on many social media sites and prior to the event it is what I thought to be the case, albeit I am not familiar with the Marham airfield. However I have seen photographs from RAF photographers and also 'professional' photographers that appear to have been taken from a similar area. Were there military and 'professional photographers inside the fence line at that end of the runway or were they also in an area that had been clearly marked as out of bounds? I am just curious to find out if those in the know regarding the elephant walk could not resist the opportunity
The entrance that i went in had absolutely no signs of any kind of sign saying no entrance in.
It was not clearly marked as out of bounds! there was no sign at the gap in the hedge which I came in and someone I know asked the landowner (who he knows) and he said that as long as people kept to the edge on the strip of uncultivated land then there was no issue.

However if someone has it on better authority then sorry for being there I didn't know not to :Oops:

phantomrob
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by phantomrob » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:39 pm

the guy running the car park ,if you had asked him, said that no one was aloud in any other field than the one where the cars were.
which to me was obvious as with the other 2000 that stayed in it.
I walked past the the end of the airfield in the morning and there were signs on every way into that field. maybe some one took them down, but it was well reported not to go into that field, even on this site.
I would have loved to have been at the end of the runway but i did not want to put the access in jeopardy for the rest of the good people there.

Arkie603
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by Arkie603 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:35 pm

Loving the pics :thumb:
I was there with you guys and down the fence with your mate :thumbs:
Thanks for the company guys it was nice to meet you.
It was an AWESOME DAY :clap: :clap: :clap:

User avatar
633 squadron
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 pm
Location: urrrm hard to describe...
Contact:

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by 633 squadron » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:37 pm

Arkie603 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:35 pm
Loving the pics :thumb:
I was there with you guys and down the fence with your mate :thumbs:
Thanks for the company guys it was nice to meet you.
It was an AWESOME DAY :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks, It was truly awesome!
Fujifilm X-T2 - XF 100-400mm
My website http://633media.co.uk/
633 4Ever :cool:

User avatar
PeteHemsley
Posts: 2664
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: mobile UK
Contact:

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by PeteHemsley » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:15 am

There was a guy at one entrance to that field saying it was ok to stick to the grassed boundary at the fence of that field after the aircraft departed. The Professionals inside the fence line also told this who went that it was ok as long as nobody walked through the ploughed fields.

User avatar
prefontaine72
Posts: 1744
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by prefontaine72 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:21 am

Wow what can I say that hasn't been said already superb mate well done

Dougie :)

F3
Posts: 1647
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:06 am
Location: Rotherham

Re: My way of saying thankyou (Tonkas on the 28th)

Post by F3 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:17 am

Spectacular! That's one big bunch of memories. Thanks for sharing.

Post Reply

Return to “Current Military Photography”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gary1701, lrc, Nomad99, yellowcake-uf6 and 32 guests