Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

travel help required

chopper92

travel help required

Post by chopper92 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:29 pm

I would like to visit KOKSIJDE

can any one help with travel directions.
i would be starting in the London/.south area

Flight and ground details

or
Eurostar/train and ground

thanks

100arw

Re: travel help required

Post by 100arw » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:52 pm

Just type in both locations

http://www.rome2rio.com/

P.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:17 am

For the air show, in the good old days you used to get the 00:01 ferry from Dover to Ostend, which arrived at about 06:00. Then you hung around till about 07:00 when the first tram ran from Ostend bus station all down the coast to Koksijde (about an hour and cost thruppence hapenny). From KoK tram stop it's about a 15 minute walk to the southern perimeter of the air base. The active ramps are all in the north east corner of the field.

Return was the opposite, but for about £3 you could upgrade the ferry ticket from a 5 hour boat to a 2 hour Jetfoil - providing the weather wasn't too rough for the jetfoil to run. This would get you back to Blighty by about 8pm.

I think the jetfoils moved out of Dover to Ramsgate when the channel tunnel opened - no idea if they still run though. If they do, then KOK should easily be doable by Jetfoil - Tram - Jetfoil in a day trip from London for not much money.

rh226

Post by rh226 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:16 pm

It looks as if there are no SE UK to Ostend crossings any more and flying is a total no-go.

I think your best bet would be to get the Eurostar. If you pay a few pounds/euros extra you can book an "Any Belgian Station" ticket which will take you on from Brussels Midi to Ostend. Then you get the coastal tram to Koksijde and walk. You will need to check your times carefully - and the conditions of the "ABS" ticket - but it should be easily do-able in a day.

Journey time Brussels - Ostend is about 75min and the trains seem to run about every 15-20min.

The coastal tram runs every 10-20min (depending on time of year) and journey time would be about 45min. You will need to get off at either "Koksijde Bad" or "Ster aan Zee". Check maps carefully to decide which one.

Good luck.
Cheers, Bob

chopper92

Post by chopper92 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:42 pm

thanks for replies guys
chopper92

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:44 am

Could try Dunkirk, then whatever public transport is available from there.

Return to “Belgium”