Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

International Sanicole Airshow and XTM Joint Jubilee 2021

Post all your European Airshow news, updates and rumours in here
Chrisse

Re: International Sanicole Airshow and XTM Joint Jubilee 2021

Post by Chrisse » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:30 am

Celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Belgian air force, Sanicole will present two helicopters in the flying display that helped shape the history of the airforce: The airforce's first helicopter, the Bristol Sycamore presented by the Flying Bulls, and the stunning razzle-blade schemed A-109. :clap:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:31 am

We've added quite a few display items over the past weeks.
From Belgium, there's a T-6 display by Stijn De Jaeghere, brand-new to the airshow scene. The Royal Navy is contributing its Wildcat Demo team to the show, while the Polish and Hellenic air forces are both sending their F-16 solo displays to Sanicole. The Danish airforce will participate with their Baby Blue Team flying 5 T-17 Supporters and finally, the Italian air force will send three types that will make their Sanicole-debut: the T-346 Master, EF-2000 Typhoon and C-27 Spartan. :clap:

Tickets are available from the website. A few options are already sold out and the others are also going well so best not to leave it to the last minute.

darkman

Post by darkman » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:07 pm

Fingers crossed I can get to travel to the event this year. Tempted to book hotel and flight but not sure about tickets
Planned trips
Ferte Alais
Cosford
SW Fly Navy
SW Evening AS
RIAT
Sanicole

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:46 pm

I am thinking of driving over to the Tiger meet at KB and Sanicole via Calais of course but I have heard France is an amber list country? Does that mean you Quarantine at home when you return? I guess all Schenegan countries are on the same list?

I am double jabbed so under the new rules I don't quarantine but get a PCR test ? It all very confusing to me.

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:21 pm

slogen51 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:46 pm
I am thinking of driving over to the Tiger meet at KB and Sanicole via Calais of course but I have heard France is an amber list country? Does that mean you Quarantine at home when you return? I guess all Schenegan countries are on the same list?

I am double jabbed so under the new rules I don't quarantine but get a PCR test ? It all very confusing to me.
Guidelines are fully available on gov.uk website. On return from France you would have to quarantine for 10 days and have two PCR tests.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:23 pm

So you can drive from France to Belgium ( how can they stop you)

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:43 pm

Sadly won't be going this year. Hopefully next time. Received this today
Dear Insider,

We insist on keeping you informed about the setup of our event in these special times and the restrictions that will be applicable. As a result of the decisions taken by our federal government on July 19th, the following measures will apply. We also want to emphasize again that these measures can still change until shortly before the event and therefore recommend to continue to inform yourself and keep a sharp look on our newsletters and website until just before our event.

The International Sanicole Airshow prides itself in keeping safety and quality at the forefront. We will always ensure our visitors can have a prime experience in an optimal situation. This is why we have opted as organizers to go down a safe path for the setup of our 2021 event, which will raise the comfort and experience levels of our visitors.

That is why everyone who will visit our airshow at the age of 12 years or older will have to have a “Covid Safe Ticket”. This means that you have either been fully vaccinated for two weeks, or have passed a negative PCR test not older than 48 hours, or have a COVID-19 cure certificate. This “Covid Safe Ticket” is available to residents of the EU, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Each visitor will be checked for this on arrival at the car park in combination with his or her proof of identity to validate the authenticity of the "Covid Safe Ticket".

In addition visitors travelling to Belgium from abroad should respect the conditions to enter our country as published by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the moment of our show and these can be different that the ones applicable to the Covid Safe Ticket.

On the showground we will stick to our concept of spreading our visitors eqaully over 5 sectors of 1.500 visitors each. Wearing a mouth mask is not mandatory within these sectors. Outside the sectors, we will at this moment maintain to the mouth mask obligation. This applies to any movement along the pedestrian boulevard and the rest of the site.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey Buekenberghs
Airshow Director
International Sanicole Airshow
10, 11 & 12 september 2021
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:53 pm

As far as I can see, fully vaccinated on return from France is no help and you need to follow the "not fully vaccinated" process. Again it is all on the gov.uk website. I think you also need a form to enter Belgium (so presumably they will stop you at the border?). Belgium is also amber listed but seems less stringent on return. However since you will be going via France then the rules for there will take priority.

NHS test kits are not sufficient so you need to pay for them plus the quarantine. Seems a lot of hassle for a few aircraft but have fun if you decide to go. Just make sure everything is in order or you could face a £500 fine.

It does seem complicated but I am sure Eurotunnel or the ferry operator would be able to help.

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:19 am

You need to remember that France was put on what is being called the "Amber plus" list; indeed it was very close, so we are told, to being added to the "red list". Not worth all the hassle just for a few numbers.

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:01 am

I thought that if you went via Eurostar to Brussels then they had sections of the train reserved for direct customers hence no need to quarantine on return,of course you would then need to hire a car in Brussels,might be worth seeing if this was ever implemented

Note this is Eurostar not Eurotunnel
Phil

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:22 am

Straight from www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/belgiu ... entsGov.uk:-

Travelling to Belgium from the UK
The UK is currently classified as red zone (high risk) on the Belgian Government’s travel colour code system. If you are not a citizen or resident of Belgium or another EU/Schengen country you will only be able to travel to Belgium for a very limited set of reasons, set out on the Belgian Government’s website (under the Transport and International section question: ‘I am not a national of the EU nor of a country that is part of the Schengen Area, and my primary residence is in a third country marked as ‘red’ on this list, however it is not a very high-risk country. May I travel to Belgium?’). If you are eligible to travel, you must carry an Essential Travel Certificate. Applications for an Essential Travel Certificate need to be submitted to the Embassy of Belgium in the UK. Please note that the Embassy request applications are submitted five days before departure.

British nationals who are resident in Belgium are permitted to enter but should be prepared to show valid proof of residence.

I would be absolutely gob smacked if going to an airshow is one of the limited reasons for visiting Belgium. So Sanicole is a 100% no go.

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:35 am

Thanks

Still a month to go so won't book anything just go last minute if able

darkman

Post by darkman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:38 pm

I have fingers arms and legs crossed that things open up. I have my flights booked and will likely book accommodation and car hire that I can cancel very soon.
Would be my first time at Sanicole. Still trying to weigh up ticket options. Definitely doing Friday but unsure about spotters on Saturday and Airshow Sunday or show both days and spotters Monday. All 4 days have been earmarked but could alter Monday for example if it was a quiet day or only likely to be appealing for a couple of hours.
Any veterans able to lend some words of wisdom??
Planned trips
Ferte Alais
Cosford
SW Fly Navy
SW Evening AS
RIAT
Sanicole

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:25 am

Ministers approved plans to reopen borders to fully vaccinated passengers from the EU and US. More changes expected next week including confirmation that restrictions imposed on people travelling to the UK from France will be dropped.

So driving via Calais is Ok?

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:47 am

There have been no announcements changing the situation regarding Brits entering European countries, only those coming to UK.

09:23 Being stated on BBC News that there will be a review of our travel rules next week. Bad news is that it is being suggested that Spain may be added to the "Amber plus" list meaning that as with France you would have to quarantine on return to UK.

Doughnut

Post by Doughnut » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:28 pm

Whatever UK says about arrivals (British resident or foreign national) the fact remains that it is up to the European Union or even local French, Belgium or Dutch authorities as to how we British can travel. Arrival testing rules, quarantine and the paperwork required to drive across boarders or attend events can be changed at very short notice. We have airshow and spotterday tickets but are still waiting to make travel arrangements.

Nick Thompson

Post by Nick Thompson » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:27 am

It appears a lot of the UK Gov website guidance for foreign travel is out of date when compared to government websites of the countries in question.

Per my understanding travel for a Fully Vaccinated individual in to France is permitted provided they have proof of vaccination and a sworn declaration available from France's Interior Ministry. Full details here; https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/comin ... sommaire_1

Belgium's rules again permit fully vaccinated travel;
I am not a national of the EU, nor of a country that is part of the Schengen Area, and my primary residence is in a third country marked as "red" on this list (https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/colo ... y-country/) , however, it is not a very high-risk country. May I travel to Belgium?

As of 1 July 2021, you are allowed to travel to Belgium if you are fully vaccinated and can prove this with a recognised vaccination certificate such as the EU Digital COVID Certificate or an equivalent.
Further more;
Which travellers must quarantine?

Travelers who can demonstrate full vaccination with a vaccination certificate do not need to be tested or quarantined.
Full details from Belgian government here https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/faq/.

Edit - Unfortunately there was a whole different section of the website for non-EU citizens which makes travel distinctly more problematic;

Non EU Travelers or non-Schengen from third countries who can prove full vaccination with a vaccination certificate must be tested on day 1 and quarantined until the result of the test is known.
Last edited by Nick Thompson on Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:14 am

Seen that Exercise part of the Tiger Meet has been cancelled, but some participation during the Sanicole Airshow

https://natotigers.org/tiger-meet/xtm2021
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

Nick Thompson

Post by Nick Thompson » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:36 am

I have had the following response from the NATO Tiger Association this morning;
The list depicts the units (and aircraft) that are planning to attend the weekend activities.

"The List" is found here; https://www.natotigers.org/tiger-meet/xtm2021

Warthog 10

Post by Warthog 10 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:24 pm

Sadly I have just had an email from my accommodation provider close to Kleine Brogel/ Sanicole :

Because of the new variant of Covid-19 that goes around in the UK, I am not allowed to have foreign guests anymore.
Your country has the code RED.

Sounds like we may not be allowed to go into Belgium? I have emailed back for clarification, and I will re post if received. It also looks like the Calais/Dunquerqe area is RED so far as entry to Belgium is concerned so looks I, like most of us will not be going!

Return to “European Airshows”