Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Coronavirus Air Show Season ?

Post information on other airshows and events here.
Headancer

Coronavirus Air Show Season ?

Post by Headancer » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:10 am

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but has it crossed anyones mind that we might be in danger of an airshow wipe out ?

The odds for cancellation of the Cheltenham festival have apparently been slashed this week-end as government are "thinking" of following EU and banning large scale events.

If that happens then there would seem to be an inevitability that football, Grand National, London Marathon etc will inevitably follow suit.

If that happens I cannot see how eg Cosford , Air Tattoo would then be immune (Pardon the pun).

Personally this virus seems no worse than flu but maybe I'm being totally naive.

Many millions travel on The London Underground every day. I suspect being rammed into a carriage with a 100 other souls breathing in your ear is guaranteed to bring on respiratory failure, rather than an open air event and yet not a peep about "a more difficult target".

Cobra meet Monday and will I suspect will have to be seen to be doing something. Anything.

Watch this space !

jaydean

Re: Coronavirus Air Show Season ?

Post by jaydean » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:23 am

The cancellation of RIAT had crossed my mind tbh

baz1

Post by baz1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:23 am

Headancer wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:10 am
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but has it crossed anyones mind that we might be in danger of an airshow wipe out ?

The odds for cancellation of the Cheltenham festival have apparently been slashed this week-end as government are "thinking" of following EU and banning large scale events.

If that happens then there would seem to be an inevitability that football, Grand National, London Marathon etc will inevitably follow suit.

If that happens I cannot see how eg Cosford , Air Tattoo would then be immune (Pardon the pun).

Personally this virus seems no worse than flu but maybe I'm being totally naive.

Many millions travel on The London Underground every day. I suspect being rammed into a carriage with a 100 other souls breathing in your ear is guaranteed to bring on respiratory failure, rather than an open air event and yet not a peep about "a more difficult target".

Cobra meet Monday and will I suspect will have to be seen to be doing something. Anything.

Watch this space !
they say as summer and warmer weather approaches it wont be so bad
Comfortably Numb

plmc135

Post by plmc135 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:21 pm

Think this is in the wrong section as this relates to photography :Oops:

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Correct, it should be in the UK Airshows section, I'll let the staff know and they'll move it over.
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”