Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Advice

Please post movements and activities to do with AAC Middle Wallop here
IMarsh

Advice

Post by IMarsh » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:12 am

I recently passed by the airfield and noticed the cafe with a outdoor balcony, which looks good for viewing, although nothing was seen during my short stop. Is this a quiet airfield or as I'm hoping a good one for seeing Army helis?

I noticed that the museum was closed for "upgrade" until later in the year, but could be worth a visit in its own right.

Any general advice on photo opportunities and movements in general at the airfield much appreciated.

xkekeith

Re: Advice

Post by xkekeith » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Museum has recently reopened and frequently posts planned daily movements on its twitter feed.
Canon EOS RP & 7D II

POL

Post by POL » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:54 am

Wallop has quiet days and it has "busy" days. The latter can see around 20 movements in a day.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the cafe if it's sunny, other than for a fry-up and/or cup of tea (both very nice) and would look at Kensboro road for Apaches and Wildcats arriving on the 22 HALS, or the lane by the waterworks to the south of the airfield for 27 grass arrivals or to read aircraft parked on the apron.

IMarsh

Post by IMarsh » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Thanks for the info

Return to “AAC Middle Wallop”