Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Forum Upgrade - Complete

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.
awacsfan

Re: Forum Upgrade - Complete

Post by awacsfan » Sun May 13, 2018 10:13 am

I've now ditched the Dolphin browser from my mobile, using Mozilla Firefox for the time being as I use it on my desktop as well. Shows perfectly fine on FF - easy to read again! Probably move over to Chrome later on!
Thanks for all your help and assistance!

david14

Post by david14 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:16 am

Appreciate the time and effort to maintain the site.

It's okay on the laptop, but...

Can't see anything specifically about Apple iPhones here - it seems much less friendly/easy to see "new" posts now than it was before.

TeeJay

Post by TeeJay » Sun May 13, 2018 10:21 am

Zymurgy661 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:43 am
Mobile theme update - I've put in a quick and dirty code change just now relating to the mobile theme. Although portrait mode will still show as topics only, if you go to landscape mode it should now display as per the forum. I've tested on my iPhone and seems to be working although did have to clear all cache/browser history for it to load the new files.

Hopefully a halfway house for the time being whilst a longer term fix is looked at.
Thanks for that, it works much better on mobile now :thumb:

Sorry i had a rant earlier, but, 90% of the time ie: at the fence or at work I use it on my mobile, and it was un-workable without seeing the last posts.

Appreciate the work that goes on behind the scenes and the fact servers need upgrading, but the forum format worked, don't fix what ain't broken please!

Can't see any real issues with desktop site viewed on PC, will get used to the more modern look, which does look OK :thumbs:

A bit concerned it now comes up as "Not secure" on web browser address bar when signed in though, previously it was only before you logged in. :unsure:

Trev

baz1

Post by baz1 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 am

the problem I have, is I have to reduce the view size rite down to 100% to view a full frame on some aircraft pics, before it was always set at 150% the eyes not as good as used to be old age.
Comfortably Numb

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:34 pm

awacsfan wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:13 am
I've now ditched the Dolphin browser from my mobile, using Mozilla Firefox for the time being as I use it on my desktop as well. Shows perfectly fine on FF - easy to read again! Probably move over to Chrome later on!
For my own purposes, could you retest on Dolphin? I have put a fix in that should resolve the color issue if browsers are unable to handle the gradient css.

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:35 pm

david14 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:16 am
Appreciate the time and effort to maintain the site.

It's okay on the laptop, but...

Can't see anything specifically about Apple iPhones here - it seems much less friendly/easy to see "new" posts now than it was before.
See posts relating to mobile theme issues. Couple of fixes have been applied which make things a little easier for the timebeing. Try landscape mode and it should be better :)

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:36 pm

TeeJay wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:21 am

A bit concerned it now comes up as "Not secure" on web browser address bar when signed in though, previously it was only before you logged in. :unsure:
Another on the list to resolve, its due not having HTTPS enabled at this time and the way browsers now report that.

awacsfan

Post by awacsfan » Sun May 13, 2018 12:48 pm

Zymurgy661 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 12:34 pm
awacsfan wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:13 am
For my own purposes, could you retest on Dolphin? I have put a fix in that should resolve the color issue if browsers are unable to handle the gradient css.
It now works fine on Dolphin - colours are next to, if not, identical to desktop, Chrome and Firefox now!

mhm

Post by mhm » Sun May 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Like the new layout also able to collapse sections that don't interest me. Make browsing better
Regards
Mike

borrheid

Post by borrheid » Sun May 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Cant see header for reading measages.

Ronnie........

David Thompson

Post by David Thompson » Mon May 14, 2018 8:21 am

borrheid wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:24 pm
Cant see header for reading measages.Ronnie........
Have a look under 'Quick links' , is that what you're after ?
Youth is wasted on the young !

baz1

Post by baz1 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:00 pm

private messages?? top r/h corner next to your user name
Comfortably Numb

JAWS

Post by JAWS » Mon May 14, 2018 4:35 pm

The issue I am experiencing is that once I have read a subject , the subject color does not automatically change , indicating it has been read . I have to force refresh the page which I never had to before forum upgrade . I am using a Mac Book Air OSX 10.13.4 and have this issue on Safari and Firefox . Both Browsers and OSX are fully updated . Any ideas ?
Regards Steve............

"If the Military had to make money, they'd be doomed !!"
Chuck Adams, Buffalo Airlines.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Mon May 14, 2018 5:17 pm

slogen51 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 6:07 pm
I am getting the mpb advertisement below the fighter control logo in the title bar so it is expanding the whole panel downwards
What size is your display? I can get it to do what you are saying if I reduce the window width to less than 1380 pixels, so if you're running on a 1280 display I expect that's what's happening.

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:33 pm

STEVIEJAWS wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:35 pm
The issue I am experiencing is that once I have read a subject , the subject color does not automatically change , indicating it has been read . I have to force refresh the page which I never had to before forum upgrade . I am using a Mac Book Air OSX 10.13.4 and have this issue on Safari and Firefox . Both Browsers and OSX are fully updated . Any ideas ?
Afraid not on that one. Just checked myself on Chrome and Safari on 2 different Mac's and working for me as expected.

Anyone else having this?

borrheid

Post by borrheid » Mon May 14, 2018 5:58 pm

Quick links thats solved it, Many thanks Ronnie.........

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Ok, following on from the upgrade and a number of subsequent fixes, the below is the current list of issues that I am looking at -
  • Mobile theme doesn’t have ‘last post’ column - quick and dirty workaround put in place so that the ‘last post’ column is visible on mobile phones however this only works in landscape mode. It is unlikely that a resolution for portrait mode will be found at this time.
    Mobile theme header images out of position - being investigated (this includes iPad screens)
    Desktop theme ‘last post’ column small - particularly noticeable on larger screens. The size of the column has been increased and just working on making the post title section longer so that it isn’t truncated
    Missing icons on some post types - being investigated
    Sticky threads no longer in their own section - being investigated
If there is anything else that is causing issues, please let me know as the above are the only things actively being investigated at this time.

Will also look at writing a quick ‘whats changed’ guide to try and explain some of the different/new features that have appeared.

baz1

Post by baz1 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:08 am

is there anyway the left thand column can be reduced in width just been viewing the Saudi pics and had to reduce my screen view down to 75% to view full frame, any help welcome
Comfortably Numb

Doughnut

Post by Doughnut » Wed May 16, 2018 6:50 am

Hi c32tracker, I did not know about PWM. But I too find all these pastel shades and light blues very hard to read. Its not just the Forum update, I still have problems with Windows 10 and Explorer updates. Sadly as a "non-techy" I find it almost impossible to find assistance. Change is necessary and I guess each new generation has complained about changes. But the changes just go ahead regardless.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Wed May 16, 2018 1:10 pm

It's a great update, overall :thumbs:

Thanks, guys :thumb:

I do have the same prob as Baz1 though :S :unsure:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Return to “Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information”