Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Android mobile - portrait mode

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.
awacsfan

Android mobile - portrait mode

Post by awacsfan » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:40 pm

Season's greetings to all of you...

I have a technical issue after switiching to a new mobile phone with Android 12... the landscape mode works fine but in the portrait mode is doesn't show TOPIC POSTS LAST POSTS all of a sudden anymore. This used to work fine on my old mobile (Android 7) after the forum upgrade 3 years ago. I know I can switch to a website version but then the font size is so small I can't see a thing anymore. Oh by the way, I am using Opera as a browser. I've also tested it on Firefox and it's the same there.

I have already deleted all board cookies and rebooted my mobile and logged in again but to no avail.... I would be grateful for any assistance on how to get the old look back.

Thank you for your help and assistance and Merry Christmas to all of you!

POL

Re: Android mobile - portrait mode

Post by POL » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:59 pm

That's not an error, it's the forum's mobile layout and is how it's supposed to work.

If you want to see topic last posts, etc then you'll need to turn on "view desktop site" in your mobile browser.

awacsfan

Post by awacsfan » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:09 pm

Ah okay, thanks for your reply @ EGVP.... however... if I may add, I hadn't set it to "view desktop site" on my old mobile... oh well... but if that's how it's supposed to work I will have to get used to it...

POL

Post by POL » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:27 pm

I think it was a feature in Android 8, so wouldn't have been on your old phone. We're up to 12 now by the way!

awacsfan

Post by awacsfan » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:31 pm

I remember that after the forum upgrade in 2018 there was a similar discussion and if I remember correctly it was fixed with certain board settings or programming. I just checked other forums and fightercontrol so far and unfortunately is the only one with that "problem" on my new mobile.

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:50 pm

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but our sister forum Civilian Aviation is currently running on phpBB version 3.2.2, the latest version being 3.2.11 and I suspect that this forum is the same.
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

Return to “Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information”