Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Pembroke Mill Traffic

Cornish-guy

Pembroke Mill Traffic

Post by Cornish-guy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:16 am

Hi All,

Im moving to the area soon and Iminterested to kno if mutch(and what type) of mil traffic is likely to be seen around Pembroke in relation to the range and/or flying through the area from the Loop etc, I would be very grateful for any info, and likewise when im more set up over this way i will post up any heads up or info i pick up on my scanner or see eyeball.

Thanks in Advance.
Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 f4 IF ED :-)

Cornish-guy

Re: Pembroke Mill Traffic

Post by Cornish-guy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:05 pm

"Well" Im quite supprised and a little dissapointed not getting a reply, I am trying to get this information so i know what to expect for my photography.

richardson2006

Post by richardson2006 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:00 am

Hi

Just seen this but I use to spend qute a bit of time over several years in Pembrokeshire as I had family who lived in West Williamston and Saundersfoot.

Considering it`s location I was very surprised how little there were as regards movements and considering this was a few years back when we had a larger aircraft inventory i`m not sure what it would be like now.
In all the time going there all I saw was a maybe a dozen aircraft at L/L and although you could farly regularly hear the rumbles of ACM to the North I never actually saw any.

Ian in Leeds

tbaker637

Post by tbaker637 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:05 pm

hi,
I was at castlemartin range last summer and nothing flew all week so i asked
a man on the gate, he said only the odd helicopter comes on the range now
and even rare for tanks. Any aircraft seems to stay around 10,000 ft.

tony

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Thanks for the replies folks, i am also a civvy spotter and an avid airways photographer, so im also hoping to get some stuff come over close enough to photograph, this also applies to the Mil stuff on airways as i kno quite alot transits that way on the airways.
Its a shame Castlemartin is not as busy as previously, but as things heat up in russia who kno's well atleast i will be in the right place if stuff does come over, there is also Havafordwest aswel and perhaps stuff coming over from the Loop.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:55 am

The only jets you will see in that area will be the ones that use Castlemartin/Manorbier on FAC exercises, you will probably see mostly helicopter movements, sadly military low level flying is not as good as it used to be. RAF Dominies used to use Withybush for PDs (practice diversions) not sure if the RAF King Airs use it now? Check the NOTAMS as exercises at the local ranges will be put up well in advance.

Cheers
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Return to “Castlemartin & Manorbier”