Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

A bit of Wild life and Aviation mix

Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, anything really as long as it is within the guidelines and not offensive. Please do not post images of civilian aircraft here. We would be grateful for those on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
beefsteak

A bit of Wild life and Aviation mix

Post by beefsteak » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:19 pm

Just got back from a day out in Hurricane swept Linclonshire yesterday,

First off, Donna Nook ,On arrival we saw a Diamond DA42,and then this is where we got soaked , 200 yards from the car and the heavens opened , along with extremely high winds , not a good mix for photography (Even the Seagulls were walking!!)

There's no zoom used here , they really are this close to you !!

The weather was really that bad , that it took one and a half hours to drive the 25 miles to Tattersall Thorpe for dinner at "The Bluebell"!!

A quick look in "The Petwood" and Coffee and a quick nip into Thorpe camp to show the kids the Lightning.

Now I've never been known as a quitter, and after an intake of vittals and a drying out session in front of their blazing fire gave us renewed strength and vitality, it was round to Coningsby for a fantastic selection, Two seat Harrier doing a fly through as we arrived (No pics I'm afraid.) A King Air doing Bump and goes, several Typhies (Including the first of Two (Count them 2) 'Strobes' a nice wave for the kids , and a load more Typhie fly through and bumps, we went to the lightning gate to show my kids the beautiful jet parked there (That gives the gate it's nickname)
On the way back to the viewing area we saw a Barn owl hunting along one of the many drainage ditches in the area, see it was that dark even he thought it was night time !!
A few more Typhoon bumps and landings and I decided to go to crash gate one before we left, I'm very glad I did as we got a 'Fly through' of a Tonka as we arrived (Too quick for me to get out and grab a shot.) A couple more 'Phoons and then the piece de resistance, an F-15 Eagle, plus my second 'strobe'
Just time to pull in Waddington on the way home arriving just in time (it was dark now) to see a sentinel fire up and depart into the gloom,my lad had asked for a helicopter but I told him, as the wind was so bad I doubted that they would be any flying , but would you believe it , just as we were leaving , Wokka, Wokka Wokka, and a Chinook landed just for my boy !!!
On the whole a great day out despite the weather.!! Nice to think I may have helped a few more people into our hobbies

King Air

'Strobe one'

As good as it got !!!!!!

A nice wave for the kids (And me)

'Strobe 2'

The piece de resistance F-15 Eagle

Gloomy Waddo

Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

beefsteak

Re: A bit of Wild life and Aviation mix

Post by beefsteak » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:09 am

Thanks for looking by the way.
The only places that we didn't get to, were East Kirkby (Still too cold and wet to be bothered to get out the car.We did stop there though!!) and Scampton , but as it was blowing a gale and a zero feet cloud base I doubt that they were up at all any way!!!
In the end after 3 unsuccessfull attempts at posting properly and losing all photos and info that had taken an age to type up for some silly reason , I copied and pasted my similar report from On-TargetAviation , so any one using both sites , you're ok , you haven't got double vision!!
Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

Mike

Re: A bit of Wild life and Aviation mix

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:55 am

Thanks for perservering with the posting problem,MikeB is aware of it and working hard to resolve it Mr.Beefsteak Sir.
Nice little set of pics there,thanks :thumb:

Return to “General Photography”