Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

St Katherine Docks, London.

Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, anything really as long as it is within the guidelines and not offensive. Please do not post images of civilian aircraft here. We would be grateful for those on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Pen Pusher

St Katherine Docks, London.

Post by Pen Pusher » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:45 am

On my trips down to London, if I'm in the Tower Bridge area, I have a wander around St Katherine Docks as there are usually some big boy's ocean going dinghies parked up in there. On my last visit there was an interesting looking catamaran and apart from its rather tall sail mast it had a gang plank sticking out the back. Great for playing Pirates. A bit of Googling and it's the Lucy Z(LZ) a sailing catamaran which was launched from the Sunreef Yachts shipyard in Gdansk, Poland in September 2015 and after sea trials in the Baltic was going to its new owner. 'Salida IV' is registered in the USA and 'Lady Sandals' is owned by the chairman of holiday company Sandals Resorts International and it once used to belonged to actor Nicholas Cage. The Queen's row barge 'Gloriana' had been out and about over the summer and I presume it's back in dock for the winter.

Brian

CATCH22

Re: St Katherine Docks, London.

Post by CATCH22 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Lovely selection Brian of the big boys toys at St Katharine Dock.Gloriana always seems out of place there.
Have stayed at nearby Tower Hotel a few times.

Velvet Glove

Post by Velvet Glove » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:21 pm

Very nice, .. Looks like a nice little trip! Thanks for sharing.
:)

andrew b

Post by andrew b » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Great shots. How the other half live hey.
Airplane mad Image

A good pilot is always compelled to evaluate what has happened, so he can apply what he has learnt
Viper TOP-GUN

Vulcanone

Post by Vulcanone » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:42 am

I was in Tobacco Dock working for an events logistics company supporting another hospitality company two days last week, while the Festival of Marketing (!!!) was on. There is a very rough looking replica of what I assume is a tobacco carrying ship in part of the dry dock.

Tim S

Knife 04

Post by Knife 04 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:38 am

Some very nice shots there Brian - some very atmospheric light

Spent many evenings in the Dickens Inn after work (a few years ago now!!)

Cheers

Darren

Return to “General Photography”