Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Scrambled Egg Retirement 27/6/19

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Scampton here
Rhubarb

Scrambled Egg Retirement 27/6/19

Post by Rhubarb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:20 pm

Sorry about the late press but us erc’s have to earn a crust :roll: Anyway “day off l had”(yoga talk) ! Arrived at Scampton A15 crash gate at around 10:00zulu. “Too late” said the anoraks “done a low level display already”. Gloom dissended ! However one anorak said Twitter declared a full practice display in the afternoon ! Decided to go with social media and stay. As it happens on the way down the A1500 we saw a small red helicopter land at Scampton ?? So parked in the viewing area and launched into the standard spotter sardine and tomato sandwiches and flask tea. Had the usual anorak conversations pensions, retirement, holidays, caravans and scanners you know the standard demographic spotter stuff ! Then a civil engineering type arrived in his flatbed truck. Do you know most military airfields have a force field around them ! It’s a bit like “close encounters of the third kind”! When you get near to the runway your vehicle develops a problem and cuts out :S It happens to all sorts of people even the bobies have trouble with their patrol cars ? All returns to normal though when the red and white caravan gets put away ? :D very strange ! Enough piffle. “All aboard” was heard at 12:30z. We had a runway parade. “Wait no Red 7”! Problems with the salad bar perhaps ? No joy, we had an eight ship. A small gathering was at the video position ? Down to 04 “power reds roll”. We all watched from the top of the builders flatbed “good man he was” ! Full display red white and blue smoke the works :thumbs: I absolutely love the twin spirals around a three ship :whistle: Battle breaks to land “one gear” WONDERFUL gentlemen I thank you from all present ! Allegedly in the back seat of one of them was a retiring vice Marshall who came in the red heli earlier ! What can I say, quite a retirement present. The reds generally take VIPs for a one ship jolly in red 10 ! Not this guy though. That’s it folks home to the usual fish supper. “Till the next tank of diesel” !
"A Rhubarb" is a sortie of opportunity !

Vulcan74

Re: Scrambled Egg Retirement 27/6/19

Post by Vulcan74 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:08 pm

So you had a good day then!!

Rhubarb

Post by Rhubarb » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:43 pm

“Yes thanks but not as good as the Air Vice Marshall” !!!!!!!
"A Rhubarb" is a sortie of opportunity !

reheat module

Post by reheat module » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:18 pm

Rhubarb wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:43 pm
“Yes thanks but not as good as the Air Vice Marshall” !!!!!!!
Perk of the job I guess, - although if I were an AVM, I could think of better ways to use the last of my service days...
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

Vulcan74

Post by Vulcan74 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:06 pm

Yes going up in a Typhoon, oh sorry!!!

Return to “RAF Scampton”