Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

BACK TO FLIGHT SIM

If you want to chat about anything to do with Flight simulation in all formats and categories, please post here
time on target

BACK TO FLIGHT SIM

Post by time on target » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:04 am

Hi After a long lay off I would like to get back into Flight Sim. I still have FS2004. Also a new PC is on the cards. There are new products on the market and I am finding it difficult to decide which one to go for. Do I wait for the new Microsoft? Do I go for Microsoft FSX. Ideally I would like to be able to char to someone face to face but is there a Flight Sim Shop anywhere in the UK. I live in North Yorkshire. Have been to the show at Telford but too many people around.

Any advice would be appreciated

Blackcat1

Re: BACK TO FLIGHT SIM

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:19 pm

I used to have FS2004. I upgraded to FSX a couple of years ago. Great sim but on my old PC (Windows vista) I have had a few problems, usually blue screen or screen freezes but sometimes it works well. You need to have an add on (FSX Acceleration pack) to get some add ons to work with FSX. I have thousands and thousands of flight sim hours, maybe I've been a bit obsessed with it when I was younger 😂
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

JONLITE06

Post by JONLITE06 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:22 pm

I would recommend downloading DC World...…….it's FREE!! You're able to fly a P51 Mustang and a SU25 to try it out!

skywatch

Post by skywatch » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:56 am

Microsoft are alpha testing a new version of Microsoft Flight Simulator!

From what I have seen it will be well worth the wait.

Return to “Flight Simulation General Chat”