Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

FSX / Windows 10 update

For all your questions and answers regarding FS2004 (FS9) and FSX.
If you have problems, post them here....
Ryan22

FSX / Windows 10 update

Post by Ryan22 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:18 am

Hi folks. Just looking to see if anyone has had the same issue as myself, and / or if anyone knows how to fix the issue. Last night on switching on my PC, which has Windows 10 OS, it ran through a series of updates. Once this was done, I started FSX and began setting up a flight through Flight Planner. All was well and then it began 'not responding' and having to restart. I then started FSX again, went into Free Flight, selected my Just Flight Tornado as normal, clicked 'Fly Now' and in addition to the load time of the aircraft / scenery etc being increased, when it did load up I was unable to pan around the cockpit as it would go into 'not responding' mode intermittently. Hugely frustrating! :grr:

Prior to Windows updating last night, it all ran perfectly. What can I do to get it back running smoothly again?! Really don't like Windows, but hey-ho!

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Re: FSX / Windows 10 update

Post by garyscott » Fri May 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Could try rolling back windows? May cure it, but the update may try to go again? :huh:

Ryan22

Post by Ryan22 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:32 am

Thanks Gary. I restored Windows back to pre-update version and FSX works perfectly fine again. The issue will be when Windows does an update again. Best I clock up some flying hours before that happens again then!

Cheers

Ryan

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Post by garyscott » Mon May 22, 2017 5:26 pm

I think the last update was a quite sizable one, so if for any reason it was interrupted, then it would cause issues (happened to me too!). But for time being, all should be well. Happy flying.

Return to “Flight Simulator Technical Board”