Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

MAIW RAF Chinooks Package

For all the addons relating to FS2004 (FS9) and FSX.
Aircraft, Scenery, Utilities.... put them here
Garysb

MAIW RAF Chinooks Package

Post by Garysb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 pm

RAF Chinooks package ready for download at

http://www.militaryaiworks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And its by me :P

Have fun

Gary

davem

Re: MAIW RAF Chinooks Package

Post by davem » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Downloaded, installed and ready to rock in FSX :thumbs:

RichC

Post by RichC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 am

Would be good if i could get the FSX conversion working but following the guide on MAIW, i'm not getting anywhere due to errors. So gave up trying to convert files now...

davem

Post by davem » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:00 am

Rich, 'tis easy!

I always install the package to a temp directory so I can control where everything goes - eg contents of 'aircraft' folder needs to go into 'airplanes' folder unless you've set up a separate AI a/c folder etc although addon scenery, MAIW folder, scenery and effects folders can just get dropped into the respective FSX folders.

In terms of converting the traffic files you need AIFP (AI Flight planner) just google 'AIFP fsx' and it should be top result.

There is an option within the file menu to 'convert fs9 traffic files to fsx' and after locating them for it (within scenery\world\scenery) just hit the button and let it go! :thumb:

RichC

Post by RichC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:26 am

I will try it your way, if it works fine then you should re-write the MAIW file as what you have just wrote is a damn sight more easier than what MAIW has written in their instruction file.

Still coming to terms with FSX... i'm only running a 1.86MHz Dual core... and 2Gb RAM.
Finding it hard to have what i want and compromise scenery/detail with sea animation and aircraft detail.
Even at Medium Low detail for aircraft i sometimes get frame rates of just 5.6.
I tried the solution of adjusting certain .cfg entries to make FSX run faster and it does work in some areas but some it doesn't.
Having a good plane or helo with VC ruins the flying experience due to FPS being so low for me... same as airport detail.

Shame really as my set up isn't exactly crap.

Garysb

Post by Garysb » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:34 pm

RichC wrote:I will try it your way, if it works fine then you should re-write the MAIW file as what you have just wrote is a damn sight more easier than what MAIW has written in their instruction file.

Still coming to terms with FSX... i'm only running a 1.86MHz Dual core... and 2Gb RAM.
Finding it hard to have what i want and compromise scenery/detail with sea animation and aircraft detail.
Even at Medium Low detail for aircraft i sometimes get frame rates of just 5.6.
I tried the solution of adjusting certain .cfg entries to make FSX run faster and it does work in some areas but some it doesn't.
Having a good plane or helo with VC ruins the flying experience due to FPS being so low for me... same as airport detail.

Shame really as my set up isn't exactly crap.
Rich Im sorry about the FSX conversion notes but not being a user Im not sure how complicated it is.

With the regards to the frame rates thats why we all stick with FS9

Gary
MAIW Contributor and package manager

RichC

Post by RichC » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 pm

Dave/Gary

It worked following Daves instructions and it only took two minutes. Haven't seen if the Chinooks fly yet on their flightplans but i can see them on the ground at various bases so that is a good start.

Just to have proper mil AI on the ground is good in FSX let alone have them flying. I used to have everything for FS9 but i don't think i'll bother with anymore packages for FSX until i find a setting for a decent FPS.

Good package though Gary, well thought out and lovely to see Chinnies.

Return to “FS2004 and FSX Addon Updates”