Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

MOV Southend HADES formation

Please post movements and activity at any other location not specified above which handles military movements within the United Kingdom.
andymac

MOV Southend HADES formation

Post by andymac » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:01 pm

2 Pumas in for fuel, ZA940 is one, t'other should be XW213

Osprey555

Re: MOV Southend HADES formation

Post by Osprey555 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 am

Saw these practice confined landings at Mereworth training are before heading to Headcorn Aerodrome , then back onto Benson
Instagram @harryp_images

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:40 am

Osprey555 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 am
Saw these practice confined landings at Mereworth training are before heading to Headcorn Aerodrome , then back onto Benson
I live just up the road from Mereworth. A Chinook came over very low and circled at night a few days ago, not sure if it landed. Do helis make regular visits there? I can get there in about 15 mins in the car, be good to see.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Osprey555

Post by Osprey555 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:45 pm

Sparts99 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:40 am
Osprey555 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 am
I live just up the road from Mereworth. A Chinook came over very low and circled at night a few days ago, not sure if it landed. Do helis make regular visits there? I can get there in about 15 mins in the car, be good to see.
Before Xmas there was generally one or two visitors per week , mainly Pumas in the day and Chinooks at night , and last summer the Apaches were frequent, all down to luck :clap: Did have a look round the training area and from the public footpath through the middle you would be able to see anything landing but no good for photos due to the trees , and may get moved on by security!
Instagram @harryp_images

Return to “All other areas around the UK”