Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

What made you laugh today?

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
stevep22

Re: What made you laugh today?

Post by stevep22 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:46 pm

One small joke that I did quite like:

Walking past a house today and I saw a Lion and a Witch carrying a Wardrobe up to the door. 'What are you doing?' I said and they replied 'It's Narnia business...'
(I'm here all week)

Steve

johnhowe

Post by johnhowe » Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 am

On the pavement in Greasby where I live is a notice that states Psychic Reading on the 12th, June, 2018.
It does'nt indicate where the event is to take place, perhaps you have to be a psychic to attend.
I thought it was quite amusing

johnhowe

Post by johnhowe » Tue May 15, 2018 3:09 pm

On this occasion instead of laugh I would change the title to smile. Several years ago I came across dozens of DVDs which were donated to our railway they were entitled Dave's Railways journeys in Switzerland, Holland, France, Germany, some were passenger, some were freight, they were all reasonably priced. Dave had a distinctive voice.

Today I was at New Brighton photographing the shipping coming and going from Gladstone & Langton Dock.
I got into conversation with an Ex Railway Signalman who had worked on the Settle to Carlisle Railway line.

I said to him you know you sound like Dave from Daves Railway Films, he said the reason is I am Dave I sold
my DVD company a few years ago and I now concentrate on shipping but only as a hobby.
Last edited by johnhowe on Tue May 15, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Tue May 15, 2018 3:17 pm

It's a small world :)

AndrewBarclay

Post by AndrewBarclay » Thu May 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Headline in todays Daily Telegraph " Defence needs NHS budget" What made me smile was that the
the reporter had such a good english name Anna Mikhailova Political Correspondent.

Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho » Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 am

With all the wah-wah about this weekend's wedding, I came across this headline:-

"Bus offering refuge to Windsor's homeless is seized by police ahead of Harry and Meghan's wedding" (The Mirror)
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... spartanntp

It shows pictures of this overly decorated bus for rough sleepers and coppers patrolling the streets with automatic weapons; how normality changes in the wink of an eye because some royalty / celebrities / socialites are getting married.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri May 18, 2018 10:12 am

johnhowe wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:09 pm
On this occasion instead of laugh I would change the title to smile. Several years ago I came across dozens of DVDs which were donated to our railway they were entitled Dave's Railways journeys in Switzerland, Holland, France, Germany, some were passenger, some were freight, they were all reasonably priced. Dave had a distinctive voice.

Today I was at New Brighton photographing the shipping coming and going from Gladstone & Langton Dock.
I got into conversation with an Ex Railway Signalman who had worked on the Settle to Carlisle Railway line.

I said to him you know you sound like Dave from Daves Railway Films, he said the reason is I am Dave I sold
my DVD company a few years ago and I now concentrate on shipping but only as a hobby.
You caught any of ours yet Frank?
Cameraless

eagle driver

Post by eagle driver » Fri May 18, 2018 10:27 am

Every pub should do this , thinking that tomorrow pubs will be busy with people trying to get away from the R W
ImageAAxrKz9 by eagle driver, on Flickr
And as per this pub in Derbyshire if anyone mentions the R W , on the spot fines will be imposed to anyone who mentions it
all proceeds going to Charity of course.

baz1

Post by baz1 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm

Tally-ho wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 am
With all the wah-wah about this weekend's wedding, I came across this headline:-

"Bus offering refuge to Windsor's homeless is seized by police ahead of Harry and Meghan's wedding" (The Mirror)
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... spartanntp

It shows pictures of this overly decorated bus for rough sleepers and coppers patrolling the streets with automatic weapons; how normality changes in the wink of an eye because some royalty / celebrities / socialites are getting married.
its a vehicle easy target and big enough to see. :D
Comfortably Numb

EF-111

Post by EF-111 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:48 pm

This shocking story regarding poor timekeeping on the Japanese railway made me laugh this week, can't ever imagine the same thing happening in this country :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42009839

Steve

C24

Post by C24 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:37 am

:thumb: Shooting myself in the foot with this one.

Recent changes to the forum. I really cannot remember how it used to be. At least ' Login ' is still the same although my fingers are also still larger than the tablet keyboard so more than one attempt is normal.
It took ten years to work the meaning of the little icon thingies, now another set. I love it :thumb:
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Now and again I succumb to a donner kebab and only if it is relatively newly "fitted" one (the meat bit) onto the usual revolving skewer type thing...sheesh, ok not if it is just the scraggly last bits/leftovers, if you get my gist. Then I probably avoid.

Anyway, temperatures and humidity have been on the higher side and commenting on the said conditions with kebab vendor he did agree saying conditions were stifling and hot? However wearing a body-warmer garment is hardly one way to keep cool, or as he was whilst adjusting my salad and chilli sauce. (didn't say a thing mind as he was in total control of my supper.)

Are string vests really so unfashionable at the moment :whistle:

AndrewBarclay

An Advert in The Daily ? Skoda for £118,688.

Post by AndrewBarclay » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:54 am

For Skoda fans who have everything, here is the ultimate - a bulletproof and blast-proof armoured Superb Estate. Developed
over three years by a British Team at Skoda UK and based on the standard 2.0 TDI 190PS estate. Skoda says it is virtually indistinguisable from the standard car, yet it offers bullet and blast proof protection by bullet resistant glass, high strength steel composite materials. Its not cheap at £118.688p but it does have a three year warranty . After reading articles in the Daily ? it would be ideal for driving in certain parts of London.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:14 pm

Loads of people turning up at Marham for the F35 arrival !! ;-)

Sad for the majority but for a couple of ex mates I found it funny
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

TREBAX_RAVEN

Post by TREBAX_RAVEN » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Loads of people turning up at Marham for the F35 arrival !! ;-)
hahaha :lol:
I thought about that today as well!
Tribute to 47 squadron

CHILL51

Post by CHILL51 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:50 pm

All the " is there 5 F-35s or 4 F-35s coming " bickering on the F35 arrival thread is quite funny if a little annoying.
Mike

UBC BCT 15X
UBC 780 XLT x 2
UBC 785 XLT x 2
Diamond D.777

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:55 pm

I didn't want to upset anyone on that thread but simply wait and see. Quite honestly I don't get this "must go and see them arrive" urgency. It isn't as if they're going to disappear anytime soon!

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:29 pm

I love it :lol:

All those 'spotters/number crunchers' going to MH to see the worlds fugliest pile of sh!t that will be with us for God knows how many decades :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm

Well said Paddyboy!
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:35 pm

In the TFC hangar at Duxford today when a school party walked in and the teacher looked at one of the information boards, pointed and said to the school children, 'Look, that's a Submarine Spitfire'. :whistle:

Brian

Return to “General Chat”