Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

vintage

Landscapes, Portraits, Sports, anything really as long as it is within the guidelines and not offensive. Please do not post images of civilian aircraft here. We would be grateful for those on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
barrow758

vintage

Post by barrow758 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 pm

a couple of old cars seen at morecambe given a bit of treatment hope you like ImageIMG_5771-bugati by kingsown, on FlickrImageIMG_4561car by kingsown, on Flickr

Richard B

Re: vintage

Post by Richard B » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:10 am

To much blur added to the 1st shot, the wheels are static with no motion at all. Looks like a stationary car with too much background blur.
Does not work for me.

Supra

Post by Supra » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:16 am

Sorry!... doesn't work for me.
In the first image it appears to be 'flying', the static wheels don't help & the drivers' face would be spread back around his ears at the speed of blur! (& it's a nasty 'Q-plate' replica :( )
Can't see the second one as anything but a car falling off a multi-storey car-park :S
If you can get a shot of the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang replica car that exists, then apply your 1st shot PP.... that could work well?

Rotörhead

Post by Rotörhead » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm

I prefer the first to the second. Take your time with masking the car to avoid the straight lines on the wheels, which make look a bit jagged and unnatural to me. You can apply a radial blur to the wheels which will do the motion blur, but in a circular direction. On the whole I'd tone the motion blur down a notch too to make things look a little bit more 'real' and remove some of the effects that make it look like the motion blur is 'leaking' into the back of the car.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/olicphoto/

Aviation Photography Instagram: @olicphoto

Return to “General Photography”