Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RAF LAKENHEATH : Parking & Litter Complaints

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Lakenheath here
glencoe

RAF LAKENHEATH : Parking & Litter Complaints

Post by glencoe » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:55 am

I am just the messenger ... I have been asked to post this .....

Just had an email from an official source that complaints are being received about the parking & litter being dropped at RAF Lakenheath, especially around The Forestry entrance ….. “that if parking doesn't become better at the forest entrance then it may be blocked and be access only by authorised vehicles.”

Please can anyone visiting park with due consideration for residents / work persons who use the entrance & take your rubbish home

Please can you forward to any groups, forums, Facebook pages etc.

Nighthawke

Re: RAF LAKENHEATH : Parking & Litter Complaints

Post by Nighthawke » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:59 am

When I drove past yesterday around 17:30 there were no vehicles but at least half a dozen "No Parking" signs planted. I fear that a number of irresponsible individuals may have spoiled things and that it is now a no-go area. :@

Andy_99

Post by Andy_99 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:27 am

As usual something interesting turn's up, people who'd normally show no interest arrive can't find anywhere sensible to park but don't spare a thought for everyone else, chuck litter everywhere & spoil it for the considerate of us out there.

I don't count myself as a regular but when I do visit ( a couple of times a year) I will make sure I arrive early enough to park considerately (When the F22's were over I arrived at 7:15am), keep hold of all my litter (FOD Everyone) & respect where I am.

When the F22's were over it was chaos. On the day I visited I stayed until the bitter end & picked up a whole carrier bag of detritus from the field under the approach, took it away with me & disposed of it at the Maccy D's I stopped at on my way up North.

Will24

Post by Will24 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Really annoying that people treat the place like that, they will loose it for us all! :@

Cheers
Will
"Part Time Lens Operator!"

I'm a rookie, be nice I'm learning... :D

https://www.flickr.com/gp/152661035@N04/6GY0Pz

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Theres always some selfish individual.
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm

As an example of people Trying to go about their normal business see link here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52287882@N05/34136987056

To be fair the guy got out without to much struggle but one car parked just a little way into the roadway to the forest would have stopped this from moving

reaper493

Post by reaper493 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Think i might park at the viewing are and walk round next week.... that look likes carnage!

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm

reaper493 wrote:Think i might park at the viewing are and walk round next week.... that look likes carnage!
A lot of people took that option yesterday.

TeeJay

Post by TeeJay » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Its not only just the selfish, idiotic and downright dangerous parking there thats the issue!!

Its the litter and rubbish they leave as well.... Everyone please please please, tidy up afteryourselves and TAKE YOUR LITTER HOME WITH YOU!!

After the raptors last year the place was disgusting, there was even dirty nappies left on the grass verge along to the viewing area!!

I know its not the locals or serious spotters(I hope) but the "oh there is a lot of cars somethings going on we'll stop for a look" brigade...

Last year that viewing area was very close to being shut PERMENANTLY, after the the mess that was left!

So treat it with repect or loose it..... YOUR choice people!!

Trev

Rant over...... please enjoy the deployment, but don't ruin it for the next one.

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:33 pm

You get as***** s ike that in the Mach loop also, disgusting!
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:03 pm

And if you see someody drop something, either remonstrate or pick it up and dump it back in their car.

Arkie603

Post by Arkie603 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 pm

How hard can it be to take your own rubbish home??
World is full of lazy ,lazy people just no respect.

Usernamegoeshere

Post by Usernamegoeshere » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:43 pm

i shoved a McDonalds bag up someones exhaust after i watched him drop it in the official car park :clap:

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Well done!!!!!
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered

filmman

Post by filmman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Thursday afternoon I spoke to the usual police patrol at Mildenhall. They were complementry about the regular spotters whom they had seen picking up litter, including dirty nappies, discarded by ?????s at Lakenheath. They had had to eject cars parked at the end of the private road past the car park, again not regular spotters.
With regard to the forest entrance, the "No Parking" signs are understandable as recently there has been frequent logging truck trailers using it. Until the f35s they put up with the parking because regular spotters gave them adequate room.
Filmman

AlexanderClover

Post by AlexanderClover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 pm

Can I just say also that the driving standards this week have been gods***e. I've seen probably 15 near misses this week with cars stopping in the middle of the road trying to park. If litter wasn't the issue we probably would have been barred from it sooner rather then later with someone trying to park and potentially killing themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkL

Post by MarkL » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Usernamegoeshere wrote:i shoved a McDonalds bag up someones exhaust after i watched him drop it in the official car park :clap:
Wow, my hero.

deerhunter

Post by deerhunter » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:20 am

Well done that man.

Similar thing happened, I was driving near my village, quiet road....a. .....ole threw remains of a pie out of car window. I stopped, picked it up and followed him, stopped alongside him at traffic lights, beckoned to him, he opened his window, beautiful shot with remains of pie.

He chased after me, I stopped at a shop in the village he got out all 2 foot nowt of him, but changed his mind, I'm 6ft 2, and I wasn't covered in pie.
Canon 5D Mk4 plus long lenses, and lots of hope!

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

gramp.t

Post by gramp.t » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:39 am

I've seen many of us, including myself, pick up others rubbish whose selfish, lazy, thoughtlessness irritates more than the actual cleaning up,as if that isn't bad enough.
Those of us that FOD pick often find ourselves doing it at many viewing spots not just our locals. It's always occurred to some extent ( going back to the late 60's even ) but over the last ten or so years has become an epidemic, but you can't seem to get through to the guilty!

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:04 am

MarkL wrote:
Usernamegoeshere wrote:i shoved a McDonalds bag up someones exhaust after i watched him drop it in the official car park :clap:
Wow, my hero.
Good man :thumb: Sadly an awful lot of folk these days simply have no values, let alone courtesy or consideration. Just selfishness :@ I'm planning to go there myself next Friday, so it looks like it will be the viewing park for me then and then a brisk walk around the fence, need the exercise anyway :) Hope it doesn't rain :unsure:
Last edited by roughcutter on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “RAF Lakenheath”