Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Compatability problem

For all your questions and answers regarding FS2004 (FS9) and FSX.
If you have problems, post them here....
chinook

Compatability problem

Post by chinook » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:41 pm

I have a boxed version of Gibraltar Airport which I have been using OK in windows 8 even though it is only compatible with up to windows 7 and vista. I am using it on FSX.

Now for some reason one part of it does not work correctly. For instance the aircraft does not position anywhere other than on one ramp.

Is there any easy solution to this. I cant seem to get any boxed add on's for this airport comparable with windows 8.

davem

Re: Compatability problem

Post by davem » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Have you deleted any/all other AFCAD / BGL flat plan type files for it? This could be the cause of the ramp issue if a better layout is not being read?

chinook

Post by chinook » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Thanks so what would you suggest I do next to get them back? Please bear in mind I am not very clever with computers.

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Post by garyscott » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:29 am

Simplest way would be to put the disk for Gibraltar back in, let it boot up, and see if there is a "repair" function, failing that, uninstall it, then re-install.

chinook

Post by chinook » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:31 am

I have tried re-installing the Gibraltar Disc but that did not work. I also reinstalled my FSX and that also did not work.

Does this mean the files are missing from my main computer but if so I have no idea how these could have been wiped.

chinook

Post by chinook » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:42 am

All is now working OK No idea why though.

Re-installed flight sim FSX, Gibraltar add on, FSX service pack 1 and 2 and like I said all is OK.

Return to “Flight Simulator Technical Board”