Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

News Westminister security incident

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
SG1

Re: News Westminister security incident

Post by SG1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:49 am

Gadget Man wrote:One result of when someone had the balls to says enough is enough.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-s ... e_massacre
That is what YOU hand wringers will get in the UK unless something is done NOW, when are you people going to realise these murdering scum don't want to talk to you, and trust me you will never in a million years win their Hearts and Minds.
And that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity,
from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been,
and are being, evolved.

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 am

Let us all be clear: “National security” must never again be permitted to justify wholesale denial of constitutional rights and protections. If it is freedom and our way of life that we fight for, our first obligation is to ensure that our own government adheres to those principles. Without that, we are no better than our enemies.
- George Takei, who spent 3 years in an internment camp for no reason other than his Japanese heritage.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/postever ... o-muslims/

sherriff

Post by sherriff » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:13 am

Can we take this to a more appropriate soap-box, please Chaps ! Enough, let's not taint a worthwhile enthusiasts forum.
Wishing you happy days, whatever your views. Cheers.... S.

Gadget Man

Post by Gadget Man » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:17 pm

SG1. It's not about being hand wringers or anything else, I have tried to explain to you that if the rules are applied how you want them to work. It would cause more deaths, then if nothing was done. However our security forces seem to be handling the situation in the correct manner and dealt with the assailant as quick as they could. So I cannot see why you want things done your way. They are the ones who know what is going on, it's their job, if they thought your way was better then I am pretty sure that it would have been done.

As Kyleg has quoted.
Let us all be clear: “National security” must never again be permitted to justify wholesale denial of constitutional rights and protections. If it is freedom and our way of life that we fight for, our first obligation is to ensure that our own government adheres to those principles. Without that, we are no better than our enemies.

George Takei, who spent 3 years in an internment camp for no reason other than his Japanese heritage.
Indeed he did, but then a lot of Germans spent the same amount of time in an internment camp on the Isle of Man.

Sheriff. What's the point of having General chat if you can't have a good spat now and then?

And some good news. Sgt Blackman is being released in a couple of weeks. Truly a man with balls who never should have been in jail.

Bernie

Post by Bernie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:03 am

Not sure why everyone's so hung up on what the Yanks did with Japanese citizens. What do you think we did with Japanese/German/Italian civilians? What do you think happened to Brits in Germany at the start of WW2?

Anyway, neither here nor there, Internment isn't going to happen in the UK, no matter what! The reasons? Look closer to home and more recently in history, Northern Ireland. Internment was tried and was counter productive in the extreme!

Those that say ISIS/IS/ISIL whatever the current group is calling its self this week is, are not going to sit round a table with anyone are 100% correct! Unless its to discuss the arrangement for the mass conversion of everyone on the planet to Islam.

I think we can safely assume that we aren't all that keen on prayers 5 times a day and a natty set of robes, so that can be discounted as well. The same applies to the next in vogue group, and the next and the 1000's that follow them.

We could always bomb them into submission, which obviously wont work, as there is no real target set, even if there was it would move in response to attacks themselves causing more to adopt the fundamentalist cause.

Appeasement? To a point that will probably happen, but won't work! See sitting down and talking to them, they aren't interested.

So we are left with fighting it as and when we can, and hoping a lid can be kept on the problem. Yes, it will mean accepting that mass movement from the middle east without any checks are not a good idea, in spite of what Mutti thinks. And that we will loose some of what some regard as rights of privacy. I might well be alone in not caring about the government wanting to see what I am looking at on the internet, if it means I might not find myself full of nuts & bolts, burnt and my throat slit next week.

It's going to be very unpleasant in the future and I make no apology for being pessimistic. The clues have been there for years. For far to long the liberal mindedness of the West has ignored the problem, in the forlorn hope it'll go away.

Return to “General Chat”