Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Having a collection clear out

Do you collect patches or challenge coins, bought an interesting t-shirt from a base, some rare airshow programmes or even parts from military aircraft? This is the forum section for you!
Trenchard

Having a collection clear out

Post by Trenchard » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi everyone, I'm having a clear out of items from my collection that are no longer relevant to my interests. All were collected by me in the late seventies, eighties and early nineties they need to go to a good home.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pete8134/m.ht ... pg=&_from=

Thanks for looking
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

"Flexibility is the key to air power"

Trenchard

Re: Having a collection clear out

Post by Trenchard » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:29 pm

A few more added today :)
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Tronk 11

Post by Tronk 11 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:13 pm

Hello Trenchard,
I don't want to offend you, but the starting price seems a bit high on the patches. I know you think it's worth these prices, but a lower starting price may help.
Nice patches though.
Regards,
Tony

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Tronk 11 wrote:Hello Trenchard,
I don't want to offend you, but the starting price seems a bit high on the patches. I know you think it's worth these prices, but a lower starting price may help.
Nice patches though.
Regards,
Tony
I disagree, there are quite a few rarities in there

Trenchard

Post by Trenchard » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Cheers Roughcutter, I was just lucky getting some interesting stuff at an interesting time :)

I priced them based on two factors, one they're not reproductions they're all period pieces from between 1977 and around 1990, and have the provenance of being obtained personally by me direct from Squadrons while I was serving (believe it or not that tended to make things easier), and two, they're all in virtually brand new condition,
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Tronk 11

Post by Tronk 11 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:36 pm

I hope they really do well Trenchard, I was just giving my opinion on what may help sell them that's all. I've seriously collected for well over 30 years and was just trying to give some advice. Sometimes when people sell their collections they can price things a bit high as they hold some sentimental value to you, but it's a price you put on the collection and can't blame you for that.
Good luck :thumb:

Trenchard

Post by Trenchard » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:04 am

Hi Tronk, I see your point. I must be doing something right pricing wise as they are selling. I suppose in reality it all comes down not to my pricing but what price others place on the items I list which, coincidentally has been updated with a few new items overnight ;)
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Return to “Military Aviation Memorabilia”