Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

The return of Kodachrome...............

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Miramar

The return of Kodachrome...............

Post by Miramar » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:45 pm

John flightpath

Re: The return of Kodachrome...............

Post by John flightpath » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:52 am

There have been a couple of comments recently in the photographic media to suggest that 35mm film in general is making something of a comeback.Probably somewhat limited, however there has been a recent increase in demand for SLR film camera's.
I 'liken' it to the music revolution of the 1980's when CD's appeared and then we ended up with MP3 players, now 30 odd years later, vinyl is in demand again.

Of course, Kodak ,I would think, will be keen to push the 35mm film idea because when the digital revolution got a hold, Kodak got left behind a bit and caused them a few problems.

In the end its all down to personal preference. We are blessed to have a choice. I'll see you all at the airshow's with your SLR's pointing to the sky !

Cheers
John 'flightpath'.
Equipment
Canon EOS 750D

Sigma APO OS DG 150-500mm
Canon 55-250 IS STM Lens
Sigma APO DG 70-300 lens

Sparts99

Re: The return of Kodachrome...............

Post by Sparts99 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:35 pm

You can buy presets for Lighroom to emulate just about every film emulsion there's ever been, I've had a stab at making my own for a shoot I did a few weeks ago to get a 70s technicolor look. I think this is similar but not quite the same as the vinyl resurgence as vinyl has its rituals and technology and the best kit will reproduce a sound quality that digital can't. Film has its rituals and technolgy but shooting on film needs further discipline. 'Spray and pray' or 'hosing' as some call it isn't an option, you have to frame and expose the shot right, no fixing it in post, and the old lenses are all manual focus, a much more demanding way of working. Some will find that much more satisfying.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”