Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

SR-91 Aurora

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
robin

Re: SR-91 Aurora

Post by robin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:50 am

There is enough evidence to show that the SR-91 Aurora does exist and has been operating for many years (however its names has been changed a few time to confuse the matter).

One only has to look at the every increased closed off area around Groom Lake. Which the restricted area is STILL increasing, you don.t do that if you have nothing to hide.

Won't mention "Doughnut" trails in the sky, from the pulse Detonation engines, which have been clearly seen and photo in the USA, China and other countries

This subject has been confirmed in Congest (in the US), another clear slip, along with some DOD emails that were copied into other people who should not have received them, including a USA School deal with the SR-71.

One only has to look at the New hangars build at Groom Lake to see where these SR-91 are hangared.

Please note that while the SR-91 exists their is a similar type also in FULL operation mode, also operating from Groom Lake, in the strategic role, hence comments in Congress that the USAF could bomb any-where in the world within 3 hours....

As this can not be undertaken by any existing USAF in the white world, there must be a black aircraft that can undertake this roll.

Satan1274

Post by Satan1274 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Probably never know for sure about the Boscombe incident.What I do know is I was listening to Brize Radar on the night when they unexpectedly declared the air space around Brize Lyneham and Boscombe closed due to an emergency followed by reports of wreckage on the runway at Boscombe.

filmman

Post by filmman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Then there is the question of what information you are trying to collect. The Americans have very efficient, widespread intelligence gathering systems for all frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum. It's space, plane and ground based. Technology marches on. For instance, you can take a burst of 100 pictures with a consumer digital camera and multi stack them to produced enhanced pictures. The Americans are also good at disinformation and whilst you happily search for The Holy Grail/Aurora they go on flying Rivet Joints, etc in plain sight.
Filmman

AndrewBarclay

Post by AndrewBarclay » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9MaP-J5ps8 The contents of the thread are probably covered in the previous posts but worth another airing.

Dan M

Post by Dan M » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Please note that while the SR-91 exists their is a similar type also in FULL operation mode, also operating from Groom Lake, in the strategic role, hence comments in Congress that the USAF could bomb any-where in the world within 3 hours....

Indeed. I think when we consider if these projects exist, (in my opinion they certainly do) they are not in the reconnaissance role.

A weaponised, more advanced blackbird? Now that would be something worth developing...

Dan

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:19 pm

Not really, the Blackbird is 1960's technology, it is payload limited (it wasn't designed as bomber/strike aircraft) and given the B21 there is not a requirement for such an aircraft.

robin

Post by robin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Agent K wrote:Not really, the Blackbird is 1960's technology, it is payload limited (it wasn't designed as bomber/strike aircraft) and given the B21 there is not a requirement for such an aircraft.
"Please note that while the SR-91 exists their is a similar type also in FULL operation mode, also operating from Groom Lake, in the strategic role, hence comments in Congress that the USAF could bomb any-where in the world within 3 hours...."

My comment was as a direct result of comments made in the USA congress, by high position "DOD congressmen" (not general congressmen), who should know what they are talking about. Also I believe very other senior "DOD" officials and high ranking officers have also made off the cuff remarks re this issue.

I am not suggesting a large fleet, but maybe a fleet of only less than six aircraft in this role, of course there is other evidence for these strike aircraft, if you look for it.... but you have to know what you are looking for in the first place
Last edited by robin on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:55 pm

I remember back in 2003 there were reports in my local area of 2 x triangular aircraft being observed over consecutive nights in the space of a week. To be more specific, these sightings occurred just off of the coastline at Clacton-on-sea during late evenings.

Due to the low evening light I guess that any positive clear identification of these aircraft would have been difficult, but apparently they were long thin triangular shapes with several oblong orange glowing lights at the rear.

Something's out there :ninja: .

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

tm74sqn

Post by tm74sqn » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:43 am

Personally I think stories about SR-91 and similar things are all a load of rubbish - but if it worries our enemies, causes them to spend lots of money on unneeded defensive measures and keeps their spies busy it must be a good thing! Keep up the good work . . . .
Cheers, TM74

page_verify

Post by page_verify » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:00 pm

There'll always been rumours, sightings and gossip that people can make fit their theories, the age old "you can't prove me wrong" but "you can't prove me right" situations.

If anyone outside of the US Government knows, then it'll be the Russians and the Chinese. Not some spotters from Hull/Cardiff/Dunstable etc. As an example, the Soviets knew for years that the US were operating a fleet on Migs in the Nevada desert, long before it was public, they just didn't know how many or in reality how few. There's a quote in the Red Eagles book about a senior Soviet person asking an American that while they knew they existed how many did they have. Dozens or a similarly large made up number was the reply to the shocked Soviet chap!

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:27 am

Just found this clip on youtube which shows a craft closely matching the description of the TR3B, although I'm not too sure that the camera operator is very wise to be shining a laser at it :O...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q38vd7XQilM&feature=share

TankBuster

Davef68

Post by Davef68 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:09 pm

There are undisputably still black projects that have not been revealed to the public over the years - the RQ170 was one of them, and there are unboubtably more that have test flown and been retired.

The last one I can recall that was revealed was the Boeing Bird of Prey.

Was there an SR71 replacement? There may have been one considered, but I don't beleive one entered service. When you look at the role of the SR71, it was too expensive for an air force that was trying to pay for the F-22 and B-2 in a diminishing defence budget.

There is, however, the RQ-180, which may well account for at least some of the 'flying triangle' reports of recent years.

Tronk 11

Post by Tronk 11 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:16 pm

The usaf must operate 'unique' aircraft often. Remember the bin Ladin raid with the stealth blackhawk.
I've been a keen observer all of my life and saw something unusual in the winter of 2002 around Christmas time. I lived in a small village and watched eagles at night, mainly watching for the reheat shows they performed. One night I observed a couple of eagles at about 3,000ft line abreast, however there was a jet leading them with a tiny light on the underside and slightly lighter in colour but diamond shaped. You could just make it out against the night sky, I suspect it would have been light grey or white. It's the only time I've saw something unusual and don't confess it to being anything specific, just odd and one I'll never be able to explain.
They spend billions on the black defence program.

Agent K

Post by Agent K » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:05 am

Tronk 11 wrote:.... saw something unusual in the winter of 2002 around Christmas time....
Winter?, Christmas Time? did it look like a red sleigh and was being pulled by 8 reindeer????? ;)

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:49 pm

I've only ever seen one weird thing in the sky which was back in the mid 1980's. It was seen by me, my Dad & the family who lived in the house opposite. What we saw was five stationary lights in the sky in a formation just like the five dots laid out on a dice. This remained silently static in the sky & then eventually after several minutes moved away eastwards' in formation. To this day I don't know if it was lights on one object, or five separate objects? One thing I do remember though was that the young girl opposite got scared & went indoors & hid behind the couch!

We never really thought much about it, other than it was something we'd never seen before. But now many years down the line I realise that what we'd seen was indeed an unidentified flying object. Whether it was man made or not, who knows?...

TankBuster

Tronk 11

Post by Tronk 11 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:23 pm

I'm afraid mine was moving quickly in formation with some F-15's, and not sleigh shaped!
I've looked up some USAF x aircraft and if it was anything that's been published it would be X-45 or X-47 shaped, however I can't be sure on it and certainly wouldn't claim they were flying in Cambridgeshire. Whatever it was it was odd shaped.

gyvespa

Post by gyvespa » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Late 80's.
Laura, one of the girls I worked with was given a 'behind the scenes' tour of Mildenhall by her brother in law, an officer in the USAF. After showing her around the base, he took her and her sister (his wife) to the rear of a hangar and told them to 'have a look through there' she told to me that she saw something black and quite futuristic.
I told her it was probably a Blackbird, nope she'd already had that tour, she didn't know what this one was but was shown it from an access door and was told that they shouldn't really be there.

Early 2000's.
A good friend of mine Bill was staying on his boat south of Norwich.
About 10pm he was watching F15's perform through his binoculars against a starry sky.
A couple of tankers headed home as well.
A bit later on hearing more F15's he saw two heading inland with a large, almost tanker sized plane behind them, no lights on it but clearly a triangular shape against the sky.

Like most people I'm quite sceptical about these kinds of stories but Laura is a girl (no really) and has little interest in planes or bragging about what she'd seen.
As for Bill, he has little interest in aircraft although he did come to a couple of air shows with me and he's not a braggy sort of person. I've known him for about 40 years and would class him as an expert observer as he's a keen astronomer amongst other things.

In the late 90's on a summer Sunday afternoon, I watched a jet from Norwich fly over heading out to sea. I was listening to it on the scanner when I heard the pilot ask if there were other aircraft operating in the area, atc said negative, pilot asked if they were absolutely sure, again they replied that there was nothing in the area and asked if they wished to make a report, after a moments pause the pilot then said that they'd rather not.
I still think that this was a very odd exchange, if there was ever one conversation you'd wished you'd recorded, it was this one.
Fortunately I had two other people with me, both of them thought it odd too.

I like to think that money is being wisely spent on sporty looking jets.
Nothing beats the thrill of seeing a Blackbird or equivalent flying over your house, seeing your first F117 or having a B2 heading your way at Air Fete (R.I.P).

Happy New Year everybody.

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:07 am

Even though the F-117's are officially retired there have been observations of the type still being used covertly from Groom Lake :ninja:.
And, it is also believed that F-117's touched down in the UK long before the types existence became public knowledge with both Woodbridge or Bentwaters having handled a night arrival & departure on at least one occasion, and no this occasion wasn't the RFI :lol:.

https://theaviationist.com/2014/10/03/p ... ll-flying/

TankBuster
Last edited by TankBuster on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apollo

Post by Apollo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:57 am

TankBuster wrote:Just found this clip on youtube which shows a craft closely matching the description of the TR3B, although I'm not too sure that the camera operator is very wise to be shining a laser at it :O...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q38vd7XQilM&feature=share

TankBuster
Looks like a flock of 3 birds to me .
Sent from my goredly stained keyboard.

PONSH

Post by PONSH » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:17 pm

The aircraft involved in the Boscombe Down 'incident' was originally in the Upper FIR in formation with an westbound KC135 when a serious technical problem occurred. The pilot of the aircraft requested vectors to a Government-owned runway with an 8,000+ft east-west orientated runway within 30 degrees of the nose as he had a control problem.

The source of my info. is an ATCO who was working at BAe Filton who had a VC-10 tanker airborne on a night air test. He was sat in the 'Radar Room' at Filton while monitoring the surrounding West Drayton Civ. & Mil. frequencies. He said the tanker continued westbound but the following days arrivals t Boscombe' only served to attract attention to the incident.

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”