Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Henstridge Airfield Annual Wings and Wheels Fly-in and Class

Post information on other airshows and events here.
Alfie

Henstridge Airfield Annual Wings and Wheels Fly-in and Class

Post by Alfie » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Has anybody been to this event before, is it worth while going for a photographic point of view. It has normally clashed with Dawlish before and I always chose Dawlish. I see they have a flypast from the BBMF included in their programme.

MRTT

Re: Henstridge Airfield Annual Wings and Wheels Fly-in and C

Post by MRTT » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:36 pm

BBMF Dakota is due, that won't happen!

Wasp XT787 is due, not sure whether it's displaying though.

Cessna954

Post by Cessna954 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:27 am

Whether it's worth your going depends on what aspects of aviation interest you. It's essentially a GA fly-in with a smattering of classic and vintage types, some of which may be of a military persuasion. As a fly-in there won't be any air display, wouldn't want to push the boundaries on that this year, so fly pasts will be the most to expect, even if the Dakota was serviceable.

As for photography, with a westerly wind you get a nice countryside backdrop to touchdown shots and easterly approach lots of hangar clutter that many aren't fond off.

As a local airfield I invariably go, weather depending, and have a jolly good time. Nice folk and nice aeroplanes.

I hope this helps.

Cessna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:04 am

Thank you for your comments, if the weather is alright I think I will make the journey up from Bridgwater, as it's not that far.

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”