Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Shuttleworth 7th Aug - a "nearly bad crash"!

Post information on other airshows and events here.
jeallen01

Shuttleworth 7th Aug - a "nearly bad crash"!

Post by jeallen01 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:44 pm

Funny but no-one has mentioned that, at the "Ewardians" event last Sunday, there was an "aircraft crash".

OK, it was a large scale model, but a lot of us were watching when it suddenly nose dived into the ground - about 10m from the crowd line and even nearer to the Collection's Gladiator! Had it come down a few metres nearer the crowd line then there could have been some serious injuries or worse. No surprise then that no other large models then flew!

It was very windy on Sunday and many aircraft did not fly, and some visitors did no even arrive (BoB Hurricane included because of the assumed crosswinds at Coningsby!).

Any thoughts about the flying of large models at events like this?

PS: did anyone who attended, actually get any photos? (I did not and the same was true of some other people close to me (about 80m further down the crowd line).

POL

Re: Shuttleworth 7th Aug - a "nearly bad crash"!

Post by POL » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:03 pm

All the keywords media software will have plugged in so that Daily Mail "writers" can put together an article about dangerous airshows. Well done. :Oops:

jeallen01

Re: Shuttleworth 7th Aug - a "nearly bad crash"!

Post by jeallen01 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:10 pm

EGVP wrote:All the keywords media software will have plugged in so that Daily Mail "writers" can put together an article about dangerous airshows. Well done. :Oops:
Maybe so, but it was a serious question - and have not seen/heard anything in the media so far about what happened and so I guess it would now probably be classed as "history" as far as they are concerned.

Should also have said that the pilots of the "real planes" did an extremely good job of dealing with the windy conditions - and, otherwise, the weather was very good (almost got sunburn).

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”