Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Cottesmore runway lights on!

Please post movements and activities to do with RAF Wittering & RAF Cottesmore here
cornclose

Re: Cottesmore runway lights on!

Post by cornclose » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Charlie,

I like the idea - particularly because I am well versed in such tactics when under interrogation and could quite readily have done just this kind of thing without any prompting!

The downside though being I don't usually carry that much cash around as a rule (it helps prevent muggings) unless in an attaché, in which case it's usually stuffed to the gunnels with used unmarked notes. But woe betide those who try..

Back to the matter at question, the said phenomenon has yet to resurface - I fear for the worst in that they now know they've been spotted and think their secret is out. Ever since posting on here there have been several black Mercedes 280's tail me at all manner of inopportune times of the day. I nip out to the shops, down to the lake for a spot of fishing, or to the office and there they are - hanging around like a moth in a nearby side street or dirt track. Strangely they always pack up and scoot off whenever I stare at them. Once I was tailed from Thistleton to Sproxton before I'd decided enough was enough and poked my toe a little deeper into the carpet and nimbly out-manoeuvred the scoundrels. Good job I drive a thoroughbred Italian car..

And strange things are happening. My mobile rings and I always hear clicking noises shortly after I pick up. And I've seen a marked increase in ambulance chaser type phone calls, but rather than asking me about an accident I was involved in 'according to their records' they seem to be telling me I really should consider taking out life insurance for extremely large sums of money.

Yep, somethings afoot alright.

Meanwhile there is no sign of our friend who contemplated visiting the local post office. Has he been got too ?

cottesmore09

Post by cottesmore09 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Lights in the sky above Cottesmore on Wednesday 3rd Feb, was traveling south down the A at around 20:20ish, bright Orange light about 500ft up (my guess) I think it could of been a light on a helicopter but usually they are white?

On another note I believe there has been NOTAM's for Mil Jets performing high energy manoeuvres over Cottesmore recently but due to lack of fire support they were called off?
RAF Families days website: www.raf-families-days.webs.com

2017 Airshows
RIAT (FRIAT Mach3)
Clacton Airshow
Scampton airshow Arrivals

Trenchard

Post by Trenchard » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:37 pm

cottesmore09 wrote:On another note I believe there has been NOTAM's for Mil Jets performing high energy manoeuvres over Cottesmore recently but due to lack of fire support they were called off?
There is no requirement for fire cover for aircraft carrying out high energy manoeuvres, because it's in the vicinity of wherever. In that case there would be fire cover provided at ranges, which there isn't and in all low flying areas.
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

"Flexibility is the key to air power"

romeo bravo

Post by romeo bravo » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:16 pm

cottesmore09 wrote:Lights in the sky above Cottesmore on Wednesday 3rd Feb, was traveling south down the A at around 20:20ish, bright Orange light about 500ft up (my guess) I think it could of been a light on a helicopter but usually they are white?
Definitely UFOs :whistle:

cottesmore09

Post by cottesmore09 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:34 pm

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

2017 Airshows
RIAT (FRIAT Mach3)
Clacton Airshow

cornclose

Post by cornclose » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:26 am

Any news then ? Did C24 visit the post office ? Has he been abducted for asking too many questions ?

It still hasn't occurred since (well, not at the times I've been driving past, but then it is starting to get significantly lighter now. Spring is around the corner!).

At least I don't seem to be being tailed now.

Lowfly11

Post by Lowfly11 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:04 am

New series of The X-Files started last week :ninja: :lol:

cottesmore09

Post by cottesmore09 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:54 pm

I am getting to a point where I'm thinking is this actually a joke or are serious comments being made :lol: :lol:

I think the RAF should of never been moved out of Cottesmore, such a great viewing airfield and of decent size too.

2017 Airshows
RIAT (FRIAT Mach3)
Clacton Airshow

cornclose

Post by cornclose » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:33 am

The truth is out there..

cottesmore09

Post by cottesmore09 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:49 pm

Somewhere......

Don't get me wrong I have seen some weird stuff in the skies at night that were really odd but I'm sure most of you can say that too. :pop:

2017 Airshows
RIAT (FRIAT Mach3)
Clacton Airshow

cornclose

Post by cornclose » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:54 pm

Well C24 hasn't gone AWOL, he was on here very recently. Perhaps he's forgotten about this thread.

Or he's been silenced.. :lol:

cornclose

Post by cornclose » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:16 pm

And he's back again today!

I hate to badger anyone, but did C24 Charlie visit the aforementioned local Postal Office for 'info' ? Or have they too been silenced ?

The said phenomenon has again yet to have a reoccurrence, at least not at the times I have driven past the airfield. Perhaps I just dreamt it.

Or there's a conspiracy..

romeo bravo

Post by romeo bravo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm

The truth is still out there..........

C24

Post by C24 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:55 am

Just back from the Post Office, Sun Inn, Black Horse-Greetham[closed down but strange noises heard], Wheatsheaf-Greetham, The Plough-Greetham, Black Bull-Market Overton and two adjacent farmers. It has been an interesting two weeks.
I'm not sure why I volunteered to embark on this exercise but Hey, Ho! the food was good and nice company.

Grobs o/head during the day & people and vehicles at night but nothing concrete to report [except the Pan]. Rumours of two helicopter movements.
I did find some traces of extra-terrestials, wrappings of Mars and Galaxy [indulge me here, folks ;) ]. Saw two foxes and one badger and lots of buzzards, several red kites [no, that was last week over RAF Scampton].

Finally, could it have been recruits being tested for their night driving? :whistle:

Enough, I un-volunteer!
:D
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

cornclose

Post by cornclose » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:27 pm

So no-one has squealed then Charlie ? :lol:

C24

Post by C24 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:58 am

Sorry, no-one seems willing to throw any light on the matter. I went back under cover last night but couldn't see anything. ;)
C24.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"

romeo bravo

Post by romeo bravo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:38 am

So did anyone watched 'Drive' on ITV last Tuesday; you might recognise the final night time shoot-out on a runway :whistle:

Watch tomorrow night.......

reheat module

Post by reheat module » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:49 pm

Ah, the £.01p starts to drop...
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

C24

Post by C24 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:39 am

Ah, haa !

The light at the end of the tunnel, perhaps ? ? :S
C24.

eagle1

Post by eagle1 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:32 pm

Ah, haa !

The light at the end of the tunnel, perhaps ? ? :S

More like..."Light at the end of the runway" :roll: :lol:
Uniden UBC125XLT/Roof top aerial
Yupiteru MVT5000
Canon 80D
Canon 600D
Canon EF-S 55-250