Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RNAS Culdrose. Fleet Updates.

Please post movements and activities for RNAS Culdrose and Predannack here
Victor5

Re: RNAS Culdrose. Fleet Updates.

Post by Victor5 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:12 pm

kylegreetkernow wrote:A Harrier nose was spotted being towed by a Land Rover from CU heading towards Okehampton this morning, would it happen to be one of the noses preserved on base?

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
We reckon it's XV280. Being towed by a Landy from Culdrose Fire Section across Bodmin Moor. Not sure where it was going?
(Mobile phone pic - sorry about the quality).

Cessna954

Post by Cessna954 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:17 pm

It arrived at Yeovilton this afternoon and is now parked next to the fire station.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:49 am

An un-ID'd Merlin arrived at Yeovil earlier this week. SBS says it was "NAVY530", but it had Hex Code [111111], so that's duff. I don't know if it was in and out, or in for HM2 upgrade. Any Ideas? I still need ZH835/47/49/52/55/58 so fudging up one of those would be good :-)

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:19 pm

I was there when it departed CU,but didn't bother reading it of as I don't need any.of the based cabs anymore!
I guess I should have done really.sorry

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:57 pm

I had a look around HMS Sultan today.
ZA167/('Desmond')22 is now there,wfu and stripped for spares. Highly unlikely the poor old thing will fly again!

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:59 pm

Malfatron Malkovic wrote:I had a look around HMS Sultan today.
ZA167/('Desmond')22 is now there,wfu and stripped for spares. Highly unlikely the poor old thing will fly again!
Didn't manage to photograph that one, will have to cross it off :'(

flynavy

Post by flynavy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:41 pm

I'm gutted! Desmond was my favourite, the world has come to an end malf

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:40 am

ZH835 and ZH839 are both now at Yeovil, presumably for HM2 upgrade. Both are sat outside on the main ramp behind the mound, and have been there for a week or so.

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Malcolm wrote:ZH835 and ZH839 are both now at Yeovil, presumably for HM2 upgrade. Both are sat outside on the main ramp behind the mound, and have been there for a week or so.
So you made the first one then. :thumbs:

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:15 pm

buzzer wrote:
Malcolm wrote:ZH835 and ZH839 are both now at Yeovil, presumably for HM2 upgrade. Both are sat outside on the main ramp behind the mound, and have been there for a week or so.
So you made the first one then. :thumbs:
Yep :clap: - good week so far - Potted over 50 - though mostly at Yorkshire Air Museum.

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Thanks for the gossip, list adjusted accordingly.

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:17 pm

With thanks to a tip-off from Buzzer. Earlier today i noted one of the stored SHar's(ZH796/L-1) being dismantled and craned onto a flat-bed. I couldn't be bothered to hang-around to note which direction it was carted -off to. There could be other SHar's leaving soon, judging by the presence of other flat-beds.

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Malfatron Malkovic wrote:With thanks to a tip-off from Buzzer. Earlier today i noted one of the stored SHar's(ZH796/L-1) being dismantled and craned onto a flat-bed. I couldn't be bothered to hang-around to note which direction it was carted -off to. There could be other SHar's leaving soon, judging by the presence of other flat-beds.
Ahh, so that's what that crane was today, I did notice it from the main road while getting some pictures.

EDIT: After editing some of the photos, I've got Sea King XV664 so it's back from Fleetlands and so the list needs to be updated :)

ImageSea King ASaC.7 XV664 by Kyle Greet, on Flickr

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:15 pm

XV664 returned 3 or 4 weeks ago, thanks for the reminder.

flynavy

Post by flynavy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Malf, your always ahead of the game, good man, still for the years you have been doing it, I hope so, ps nice chatting today

Michaelmas

Post by Michaelmas » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:53 am

Looked out of the window whilst eating my 'wheaty-bangs' to see a Harrier departing from the direction of the dummy deck on two flat-beds and one lorry. First flat-bed had wings and tailplane, second had the fuselage (001 on port forward nozzle cover) whilst the lorry had the covered engine.

Yammer

Post by Yammer » Tue May 06, 2014 1:50 pm

RN Rescue Sea King coded "28" ( grey/red c/s ) went over Wells, Somerset at 13.40pm today heading from East towards general direction of Bristol - assume XV647 ?

Cheers
Shobdon Blog - Residents photo list

https://shobdonegbsblog.blogspot.com/

Andy Marden

Post by Andy Marden » Wed May 07, 2014 9:38 am

Michaelmas wrote:Looked out of the window whilst eating my 'wheaty-bangs' to see a Harrier departing from the direction of the dummy deck on two flat-beds and one lorry. First flat-bed had wings and tailplane, second had the fuselage (001 on port forward nozzle cover) whilst the lorry had the covered engine.
It went to Cosford on loan, for their airshow.

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Wed May 07, 2014 4:39 pm

7/5/14; Arriving this afternoon, via flat-beds, were a pair of Wessex's. I think they're now in 750's hangar(Stored?). No ID's as yet.

buzzer

Post by buzzer » Wed May 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Malfatron Malkovic wrote:7/5/14; Arriving this afternoon, via flat-beds, were a pair of Wessex's. I think they're now in 750's hangar(Stored?). No ID's as yet.
So this should make 3 wessex now Camp now then?

Return to “RNAS Culdrose & Predannack”