Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Latest spam doing the rounds

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
deerhunter

Re: Latest spam doing the rounds

Post by deerhunter » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:10 pm

I'm not so sure, Rachel Riley is on Countdown on Channel 4 just now.
She can give me a consonant any time ;)
Canon 5D Mk4 plus long lenses, and lots of hope!

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:19 am

I am being swamped with spam emails from PayPal. I've had 14 in the last 10 days :@ They either say my account has been limited/Blocked or my credit card is out of date.

PayPal have an email address if any of you are getting the same. Just forward them to :- spoof@paypal.co.uk

Velvet Glove

Post by Velvet Glove » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Stupid
Postman
Any
Mailbox .. will do!

Came home today to find (Royal) Mail for SIX different households shoved through our letterbox.

Laziness / illiteracy / product of the ‘ever-improving’ UK education system?

Perhaps we would do better in this country if people are employed because of their qualifications and the ability to DO a job properly, rather than because “they’re a friend of a friend of a friend!”

Whinge over ..
:pop:

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:03 am

welshandy wrote:I am being swamped with spam emails from PayPal. I've had 14 in the last 10 days :@ They either say my account has been limited/Blocked or my credit card is out of date.

PayPal have an email address if any of you are getting the same. Just forward them to :- spoof@paypal.co.uk
This is the latest

Hello Dear,

Some information on your account appears to be missing or incorrect.
Please confirm your information promptly so that you can continue to enjoy all the benefits of your PayPal account

What do I need to do?
• Click here ,and sing in to your paypal account , update your account info
• Confirm that you're the owner of the account, and then follow the instructions.
• If you don't confirm your information, we'll limit what you can do with your PayPal account.

You can see the two words that makes me think this is a spam :whistle:

Sooty

Post by Sooty » Thu May 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Received this today :whistle:
From: MICROSOFT® CORPORATIONS (puxefs@microsoft.com) Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.
Sent: 07 May 2015 20:06:38
To:

Attachments: 3 attachments | Download all as zip (264.9 KB)
MICROSOFT WINDOWS PROMOTION.pdf (88.3 KB) View online , MICROSOFT WINDOWS PROMOTION.pdf (88.3 KB) View online , MICROSOFT WINDOWS PROMOTION.pdf (88.3 KB) View online

Microsoft SmartScreen marked this message as junk and we'll delete it after ten days.
Wait, it's safe!|I'm not sure. Let me check

MICROSOFT® CORPORATIONS
Cardinal Place
80-100 Victoria Street
London, SW1E 5JL
United Kingdom

Dear Microsoft User/Winner,

We wish to congratulate you for being among the four (4) selected winners in the ongoing Microsoft E-mail Electronic Online Sweepstakes; we believe with your prize, you will continue to be an active user in patronizing Microsoft Products and email.

Kindly go through the attached official letter from Microsoft Corporations and contact the validation unite for claims via e-mail: claims_validation@163.com

Note: Reply to: claims_validation@163.com

Regards.
Michel Van Der Bel
Managing Director,
Microsoft® UK and Vice President, Microsoft International
®CORPORATIONS

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Post by garyscott » Fri May 08, 2015 6:27 am

And it looks like anything by "Ginno" in the forum rules section . . . :whistle:
search.php?author_id=15251&sr=posts

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery » Fri May 08, 2015 6:48 am

Thanks Gary - deleted.

wolfie138

Post by wolfie138 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:57 am

i've just had one to my works mail claiming to be from HSBC banking, who i don't bank with. it announces and alert, saying a payment from ASDA has been flagged as suspicious as it came from a European address and i need to click a link to verify it's fake. the link add is HCBSPAYMENTS, very close to the real name if you're not paying attention. i've forwarded it to HBCS phising.

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:01 am

TankBuster wrote:I hate these nuisance calls, especially the ones trying to tell me I'm entitled to a government funded boiler... free home insulation... free solar panels etc.

TankBuster
For the solar panel callers I let them get to the point where they say they can fit them to any property roof then point out that I live in a ground floor flat, they usually go away then!
admin on the sister forum, http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk
but being old and grey I like a bit of the military stuff too !

co-owner of UK Light Aviation Enthusiasts google group and Stansted Aviation Enthusiasts google group:

mirage41

Post by mirage41 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:09 pm

I tell them that I won't live long enough to recover my money.

When they tell me I will, I explain that my system is motorised (direct from the pv panels) and provides maximum photon activity by following the sun from 090 through to 270 before resetting for the next day.

They tend to hang up.

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:01 am

Got this one today. As at today's exchange rate the $10,500,000.00 being paid to me, equals £6,939,396.24 :Wow: I'm rich :roll:

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Anti-Terrorist And Monitory Crime Division.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation.
J.Edgar.Hoover Building Washington Dc

Attention Beneficiary.

I am James Brien. Comey Jr, the new FBI director nominated by President Barack Obama to replace the previous director Robert S. Mueller due to internal logical protocols guiding international and local transactions, my tenure represent peace, equity and justice and rule of law shall prevail, my duty is to ensure global maximum security and to protect fundamental human rights. FBI has increased their priorities because of the recent terrorist global threat, And Records here show that you are among one of the individuals and organizations who are yet to receive their overdue payment from overseas which includes those of Lottery/Gambling,Contract and Inheritance. Through our Fraud Monitory Unit we have noticed that you have been transacting with some impostors and fraudsters who have been impersonating the likes of Mr.Lamido Sanusi/ Godwin Emefiele of the Central Bank Of Nigeria,Rev. Obinna,Senator. David Mark, Iburahim Lamode of EFCC, Mr. Patrick Aziza, Bode Williams,Percy Jones, Mr John Freeman,

The Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in conjunction with: Agencia Federal de Investigation (AFI) USA , Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Metropolitan Police [Scotland Yard] England gathered information from the Internet Crime Complaint Center (ICCC) formerly known as the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) of how some people have lost outrageous sums of money to these impostors. As a result of this we hereby advise you to stop communication with anyone not referred to you by us as we have investigated these bodies and have found out that they were impostors and have hence directed
beneficiaries to rightful claim centers in Nigeria.

Your payment totaling $10.5,000,000.00(Ten Million five Hundred Thousand Dollars). will be released to you via a custom pin based ATM card with a maximum withdrawal limit of $15,000 a day which is powered by Visa Card and can be used anywhere in the world where you see a Visa Card Logo on the Automatic Teller Machine (ATM).

We guarantee 100% receipt of your payment, because we have perfected everything in regards to the release of your $10.5 Million USD to be 100% risk free and free from any hitches as it’s our duty to protect you. (This is as a result of the mandate from US Government to make sure all debts owed to people which includes Inheritance, Contract, Lottery, Compensation etc are been cleared for the betterment of the current economic status of the nation and its citizens as he has always believed “Our Time for Change has come” because “Change can happen.

To redeem your fund you are hereby advised to contact the Advocate assigned to be in-charge of the delivery of your ATM Card from ATM Card Center via email for the requirement to proceed and procure your Approval of Payment Warrant and Endorsement of your Funds Release Order on your behalf which will cost you $380 taken care of by the Federal Government so all you will ever need to pay is $380.00USD only.

ATM CARD COMPENSATION PAYMENT AWARD AUTHORITY WEST AFRICA
Agent Lawyer Advocate Gerad Dave
Email: lawyergerad.dave@qq.com

Do contact agent advocate LAWYER GERAD DAVE the advocate assigned for the delivery of your ATM Card by the ATM Card Center via his contact details above and furnish him with your details as listed Below for the shipment of your ATM CARD, and also email him with the above email address to festering up the delivery of your ATM Card to you in your home Address:

A) Your full Name............
B) Your Address In Full............
C) Your country...................
D) Your city..............
E) Age...................
F) Your Cell Phone...............
G) Occupation..................
H) Sex...............

On contacting him with your details your files would be updated and he will be sending you the payment information in which you will use in making payment of the $380.00USD via Money Gram/Western Union Money Transfer for the procurement of your Approval of Payment Warrant and Endorsement of your fund Release Order. After which the delivery of your ATM card will be effected to your designated home address without any further delay, extra fee or any authority raising eyebrow, Upon receipt of payment the advocate will ensure that the delivery officer approves that your package is sent within 48 working hours.

Because we are so sure of everything we are giving you a 100% money back guarantee if you do not receive your ATM CARD Shipment Confirmation within the next 48hrs after you have made the payment for shipping,Once again we are so sure of you receiving your payment at no any other cost as we have taking it upon our duty to monitor everything in other to cub cyber crime that is perpetrated by those impostors.

Thanks and proceed now and get in Contact with the Special Agent MR.GERAD DAVE for the shipment of your ATM Card.

Regards,

MR.JAMES B. COMEY JR,
NEW DIRECTOR FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535
C-C -. Homeland Security Council
C-C. CIA
C-C- International Police Unit
TELEPHONE: (202) 324-4000
FAX: (202) 666-52723

ramjet

Post by ramjet » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm getting an awful lot of Phishing emails at the moment, different ones every morning, sometimes twice a day.
The posters must be working from mailing lists using bots as I've got several email accounts and all the accounts are receiving them.
They mostly seem to have .doc or .xls attachments but quite realistic looking.
Be careful out there folks!

Cheers, Rog.

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:32 pm

I had the solar panel phone call again yesterday... Blah blah blah renewable solar energy blah blah blah, free installation blah blah blah. My reply was 'The seagulls put enough sh@t on my roof, so I don't want any of yours up there too'. Click!

My wife wasn't impressed, and yes it was a bit rude, but I've really had enough of these calls :grr: .

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:35 am

I tend to have a bit of fun with them and waste their time a bit as well, So for this instance you could let them go through all about the solar panels blah blah blah and when they ask whether it sounds good for you or not - just say it sounds good but I'll need to ask the landlord - They'll hang up and you've wasted their time and phone call cost.
Whisky Connoisseur, Darts Player for the Jolly Sailor and Watford Fan

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:42 pm

Junk mail is another of my hates...

If any junk mail I receive includes a business reply envelope, then I put all of that companies junk into that envelope and pop it in the postbox to be returned to them. When Royal Mail deliver that business reply envelope back to the company they will raise a charge against it, which the company has to pay for the use of the business reply service! If everyone did this, then it would cost these companies a fortune and perhaps deter them from sending any more junk mail!

TankBuster.
And there's plenty more where that came from!

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Had another court hearing spam. Not only is 20th March a Sunday but look at the surname :lol: :lol: . “When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not, hmmmm?”

Notice to Appear,

You have to appear in the Court on the March 20.
Please, prepare all the documents relating to the case and bring them to Court on the specified date.
Note: The case may be heard by the judge in your absence if you do not come.

The Court Notice is attached to this email.

Regards,
Tim Yoda,
District Clerk.

gyvespa

Post by gyvespa » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:44 pm

We had one from Virgin Media claiming our Email may not be working.
So how did you send it to us then ?

Looked moderately convincing, but if you 'hovered' over the link it gave to send all your details to, it was some Hotel Chain ?

Rugbyref

Post by Rugbyref » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:20 pm

Building on the comment on junk mail. If I get 2 sets in the post, I swap them over, and send to each the other company's junk, so they get charged, and don't even get their own junk back to reuse.

Over the last year or so, junk mail has been delivered by the postman along with real mail. Rather than fill our paper bin, I find the post box is the best way of returning the junk to the Royal Mail.

gyvespa

Post by gyvespa » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Our Postman Pat junk mail arrives on a Tuesday morning, usually just before the Bin Men call.
I sometimes meet the postman at the gate and put it straight in the re-cycle bin.

He's not bothered, it keeps him in a job ( he's a good bloke as well, best postie we've had in 10 years ).

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:04 am

Phone scam.
Just had a automated call from a "withheld" number message was about extending warranty on your domestic appliances "press 1 to extend press 5 to stop" only at the end of call did they say they were called ACD. Googled the name. Couldn't find a company called this, but is mentioned on a "who calls me" site this is a SCAM & if you press the numbers they are asking you to, you will be charged a massive call rate. Beware!

Return to “General Chat”