Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Music thread

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
bizfreeq

Re: Music thread

Post by bizfreeq » Thu May 18, 2017 10:35 am

Very sad, he has made a huge contribution to the world of music, not only in the rock world. R.i.P
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Thu May 18, 2017 3:00 pm

52 :O

That is no age at all :(

A legend, IMHO :(
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

adderman

Post by adderman » Wed May 24, 2017 5:26 am

Hi folks

Enjoying this thread apart from artists taken before their time. Remember the early part of 2016 when someone good seemed to go every day :(

Dire Straits were compulsory in our car on the weekly run up to Mildenhall... Even now I remember the words to various songs while waiting for Mickeys to open then down to the viewing area for the FedEx Dc10 at 1300 once Sunday quiet hours were over.

Pat Benetar on the hire car tapedeck in Switzerland 1991 singing Love is a battlefield, while pounding the pass from Alpnach to Meiringen for the Hunters coming out of the mountain shelters....great days indeed.

Mike.

Mike.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Heading home from seeing Guns N' Roses. One word describes it brilliant, they played for nearly 3 hours. His voice has gone though
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Saw, and drank with, Devilskin again on Thursday before they jetted back home to New Zealand. Awesome gig, very intimate 100 people capacity, and a great bunch they are too! :thumb:
Cheers
Mark

AndrewBarclay

Post by AndrewBarclay » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:12 pm

Theme from The Hunt For Red October. The Red Army Choir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlpyh2TL3e0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEt41bYQBgE

Coming to a Sainsbury's or a John Lewis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwsAEK7xQDY
Last edited by AndrewBarclay on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

H.A.Bucken

Post by H.A.Bucken » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:49 am

I see Gene Simmons's short series on Radio 2 has come to an end:- shame as I missed two nights. Checked his playlists and there was some awesome stuff; good to see he was playing more than one version of some songs: "I fought the law" by the Bobby Fuller Four then Clash's. "Ring of fire" by J. Cash then by Shandi's Addiction ( apologies; whoever they are). His last show started with "Won't get fooled again" and ended with The Doors "The End". Awf! Can't wait for the next series to come along.
Roger.
p.s. Carlo Rovelli also chose some pretty cool music for his 'desert island castaway' slot a couple of weeks back.

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Another great band. These guys are fab, and it really baffles me as to why they are not more well known.
They have written and performed some cracking songs, and have have fired out a few top class covers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lgw9-0DOSs

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

Lowfly11

Post by Lowfly11 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Just seen on BBC news that lead singer with Linkin Park Chester Bennington has died..suicide mentioned

xxAsHxx

Post by xxAsHxx » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Completely shocked about Chester Bennington.... Linkin Park have been a part of my entire adult life and I can't help but feel a lot of sadness about this news. I was at Linkin Park's gig at the O2 recently where he gave such an awesome energetic performance, hard to believe what's happened just a couple of weeks later.

Personally, I do believe suicide to be a selfish act mostly because of the pain and anguish that's immediately passed onto that person's loved ones but I also can't help but imagine what must be going through a person's mind, especially someone with so much going for them to carry out some like this. Current reports in the media suggesting depression may be the root cause....

RIP Chester, One More Light...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6PCSZ ... ad=1#t=284

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:52 am

Bit of thread drift. Generally suicide is the way out for people who genuinely believe the world is better off without them or at least convinced the world won't miss them so their continued life is pointless, rather than not being able to cope. A few people I knew and know have comitted or attempted suicide, and the problem is that those who do it out of the blue generally are successful if that's the right word and don't give off any indication (obviously) of what's going through their mind.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:54 am

Saw Slaves ast night at my local 250 capacity venue, storming gig at the venue where they recorded Sugar Coated BitterTruth. Storming set.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Rotörhead

Post by Rotörhead » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:11 pm

Really sad news about Chester Bennington - I must have been listening to them since the early 2000s, their music introduced me to a whole new genre. Absolutely gutted and shocked to hear that he saw no other alternative.

Last week I saw a band called Sunn O))) in Bristol, who were really weird, but very atmospheric - 2 hours of uninterrupted, ear splittingly loud droning guitars wasn't like anything I'd ever watched before, more of a performance than most bands.

One of my personal favorite bands, Nine Inch Nails have just put out an EP, "Add Violence" which I'll probably pick up a copy of soon!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/olicphoto/

Aviation Photography Instagram: @olicphoto

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:35 pm

One of my favourites from the 80's, Level 42...
Here they are playing an acoustic studio set, which is pretty cool :thumb:.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=je5gVX-oWGg

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Yet another one gone, Tom Petty died of a heart attack today at the age of 66.....Runnin' Down a Dream for eternity R.i.P
Cheers
Mark

Cornish-guy

Post by Cornish-guy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:45 pm

Indeed RIP Tom anothe legend bites the dust.

C.
Nikon D7100, Nikkor 300 f4 IF ED :-)

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:20 pm

RIP 'Fats' Domino
1928-2017
Great voice and musical 'styling'
Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

jem60

Post by jem60 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:49 pm

My wife and I, at Dancing club today, danced a blues sequence dance to 'Blueberry Hill.' As BS said, great voice and style.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:14 pm

I watched Later With Jools Holland On Tuesday evening for the first time in a long time. Thoroughly good watch in my opinion, what ever your taste in music is, try and catch the longer version to be aired on Saturday and prepared to be marvelled by the fantastic pianist Hiromi.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:10 pm

Just back from watching London Grammar at Rock City Nottingham, what a voice Hannah Reid :Wow: . Next gig the mighty Metallica in Birmingham on Monday
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

Return to “General Chat”