Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Music thread

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
iainpeden

Re: Music thread

Post by iainpeden » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:14 pm

The Tubes in Reading then Alice Cooper(and the tubes again) in Birmingham then Deep Purple, avian in Brum in the next couple of weeks.

powerslave

Post by powerslave » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Just saw Metallica last night in Manchester.What a show,awesome.
First saw them back in the good old proper thrash days of the 80's and seen them quite a few times since,but last night wow.
The sound was awesome and very very loud,just like it should be,my ears have just stopped ringing and my neck aches.
They along with Maiden are the kings of live metal.Would'nt mind seeing them again tomorrow night in Birmingham.

Ian

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:11 pm

iainpeden wrote:The Tubes in Reading then Alice Cooper(and the tubes again) in Birmingham then Deep Purple, avian in Brum in the next couple of weeks.
I saw the Tubes many times late 70's, my first festival was the second Knebworth in 1978 when they did their last full costume show, Sally Army band on stage for Quay Lewd's funeral, mad and brilliant.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:55 pm

Sparts99 wrote:
iainpeden wrote:The Tubes in Reading then Alice Cooper(and the tubes again) in Birmingham then Deep Purple, avian in Brum in the next couple of weeks.
I saw the Tubes many times late 70's, my first festival was the second Knebworth in 1978 when they did their last full costume show, Sally Army band on stage for Quay Lewd's funeral, mad and brilliant.
Musically they are still great and I would recommend any body who likes good rock music (and a laugh) to see them; Fee Waybill's "White Punks on Dope" still has to be seen to be believed. They do a 2 1/2 hour show and then do a meet the crowd session afterwards where they'll sign autographs (a bit sad for me at 59 but heyho) and have a chat.
They're in Southampton, Bristol, Reading and a few places up north before the tour with Alice Cooper kicks off.

Lowfly11

Post by Lowfly11 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Malcolm Young guitarist and co-founder of AC/DC has passed away aged 64 from dementia....R.I.P.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:49 am

Just booked my 6th gig of the year and it's still January :cool:

Editors - Birmingham Town Hall
Gretchen Peters /Kim Richey - Stamford Corn Exchange
The National - Victoria Park
Foo Fighters - London Stadium (Olympic)
U2 -The O2
Def Leppard - Motorpoint Arena Nottingham

Not a bad list so far :whistle:
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

stevep22

Post by stevep22 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:47 pm

This year's gigs booked

Elbow - Leeds Arena
Nickelback - Leeds Arena
ELO - Leeds Arena

Steve

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Saw Public Service Broadcasting at Margate Dreamland last night. At last they've got a PA that does them justice, new visuals are good too.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:25 pm

9 years ago today (11th April) , I was seeing Royksopp in London and witnessed this brilliant moment :whistle: https://youtu.be/D8k9VwuLQ4w

reaperops

Post by reaperops » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Sparts99 wrote:Saw Public Service Broadcasting at Margate Dreamland last night. At last they've got a PA that does them justice, new visuals are good too.
Saw PSB in Cambridge 10-04-18. Great Visuals, Great sound and all in all, a cracking gig
Here we go........ The Devils Knockin' at my door!

Mark Owen

Post by Mark Owen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:50 pm

Mark Owen.

baz1

Post by baz1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:37 am

just had my fix of prince and purple rain the official video dedicated to his father in the audience, now that makes the hairs on your neck stand up when is wacked up loud, another Hendrix!?
Comfortably Numb

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:54 pm

You are right on the money, Baz :thumbs:

Just listened to the theme to 'Edge of Darkness' live by Clapton: does the same to me ;)
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

baz1

Post by baz1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:18 pm

two of a kind Paddyboy and also had a dose dose of Led Zeppelin, who I had the good fortune to meet years ago :thumbs:
Comfortably Numb

H.A.Bucken

Post by H.A.Bucken » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:04 am

Saw 'Mr. Jimi' at Woburn Abbey in 1968. A few weeks ago I went to the Hyde Park Hard Rock Café to see his "Isle of Wight" custom Gibson Flying V guitar of which I've two replicas in my collection.
Roger.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Sun May 27, 2018 9:01 am

Went to see The Rolling Stones for the first time on Friday at the London Stadium, totally fantastic. All in their 70s and put new bands to shame. Just wish I hadn't waited so long to see them
Sparts99 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:58 pm
Saw Public Service Broadcasting at Margate Dreamland last night. At last they've got a PA that does them justice, new visuals are good too.
PSB are on the supporting the National at Victoria Park next Saturday, hoping to pop over to that stage to see them.

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Mon May 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Currently listening to the album 'clutching at straws' by Marillion. Listening to that now makes me realise that they should have received greater recognition for their songs back in the day! What an awesome album!!!

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Tue May 29, 2018 9:37 am

Fantastic album mate, Marillion are one of the most underrated bands (except to the fans of course!)
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

H.A.Bucken

Post by H.A.Bucken » Tue May 29, 2018 10:06 am

Me again, fresh back from Woburn Abbey.
The only Marillion track I ever heard was Market Square Heroes and it was driving. Some decades ago my brother tuned their piano at the Milton Keynes Bowl; young lads from work went down to see them, enjoyed the gig, but came back full of praise for a band of old musicians:- Jethro Tull. I had the pleasure of telling them I saw Tull's first gig at the Marquee in 1968 (Mick Abrahams and all). They were supporting Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. After the gig I drove all the way back to the Lakes in my parent's Ford Anglebox- no M1-M6 link in those days.
Later that year I saw John Mayall's Bluesbreakers at Morecambe pier; by then I appreciated the sound of a Gibson Les Paul and the guitarist, a very young Mick Taylor played a blinder on his blending wah and the Bigsby wammybar to awesome effect. I'd liked to have seen him when he was with the Stones.
R

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Tue May 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Seen Tull many times, amazing live!
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

Return to “General Chat”