Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Flying Across Britian

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Alfie

Flying Across Britian

Post by Alfie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 am

I just happened to be trawling through the TV channels yesterday evening, to see I could actually find something interesting to watch. I stumbled on Flying Across Britain With Arthur Williams on CH4. A very interesting hour, due to an accident Arthur is wheelchair bound , but flies a Cub. In last night programme he visited Biggin Hill and Old Warden amongst other places. I sure it can be found on catch up TV and is well worth a watch.

george

Re: Flying Across Britian

Post by george » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 am

Hi.
Like you I stumbled across this prog. near the end so went to Ch4+1 and watched it all.
Very interesting show, have set video to record the series.
I also watched the re-run of the Mars rover mission later on. Still interesting second time around
as was the program on Comets after it.

George.

jem60

Post by jem60 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Saw this one coming. What I liked about this programme was that he dwelt very, very little on his disability, and simply got on with enjoying his life and flying.

Mark Owen

Post by Mark Owen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:06 pm

george wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 am
Hi.
Like you I stumbled across this prog. near the end so went to Ch4+1 and watched it all.
Very interesting show, have set video to record the series.
I also watched the re-run of the Mars rover mission later on. Still interesting second time around
as was the program on Comets after it.

George.
It started last week it's four part series the first part should be on catch up TV will worth a watch.

Regards.

Mark.
Mark Owen.

Mark Owen

Post by Mark Owen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Alfie wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 am
I just happened to be trawling through the TV channels yesterday evening, to see I could actually find something interesting to watch. I stumbled on Flying Across Britain With Arthur Williams on CH4. A very interesting hour, due to an accident Arthur is wheelchair bound , but flies a Cub. In last night programme he visited Biggin Hill and Old Warden amongst other places. I sure it can be found on catch up TV and is well worth a watch.
It started last week the first part should be on catch up tv it is a four part series.

Regards.

Mark.
Mark Owen.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Yes I agree with all the other comments. My wife has Ms and basically wheelchair bound and was delighted to see the presenter just get on with life and not dwell on his disability.

Return to “General Chat”