Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

People Who Use 2 Car Parking Slots?

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Vulcan74

People Who Use 2 Car Parking Slots?

Post by Vulcan74 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Evening All

What's it with some people who need to use two parking slots in a car park. The amount of times I've seen cars in car parks, using two slots because they could not be bothered to park properly. I think the local councils should be able to fine people any ideas?

jem60

Re: People Who Use 2 Car Parking Slots?

Post by jem60 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Simple answer. They can be fined.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Many car parks have signs detailing the conditions of parking - often including parking within marked bays.

However the wording is the potential issue - fine or charge. If the latter it may not be legally enforceable. I am no expert but if it is run by a private company rather than under a bylaw it is a charge.

daggerfan

Post by daggerfan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:38 pm

I don't think it's the case that they can't be bothered parking properly, although I have seen examples of really sloppy parking. I think these drivers just don't want their pride and joy damaged, so using two spaces means other drivers will be parked further away from them. Damned annoying, especially if the car park is nearly full, and yes, they should be fined, if they haven't paid for two spaces (unlikely!). Only thing is cash-strapped councils have fewer employees available to enforce any penalties.

My personal annoyance is with drivers who pull up at ticket machines, sometimes blocking adjacent spaces, and get out to buy a ticket, then go and park because they're inconsiderate and too darn lazy to park first then get a ticket!

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:01 pm

...and then you drive in and take the last space that they could have had having already bought a ticket :lol: :lol:

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:34 am

And why is it, that if you park in a supermarket car park right at the back out the way of everything - dozens of empty spaces each side - that when you come back, someone has had to park right next to you?!

welshandy

Post by welshandy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:29 am

The Phantom wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:34 am
And why is it, that if you park in a supermarket car park right at the back out the way of everything - dozens of empty spaces each side - that when you come back, someone has had to park right next to you?!
Happened to us a few years ago. There was a double row of spaces with nobody else around. Came back & there was cars either side & behind.

Worst I've seen though is at our local Tesco's there was a Car parked across 3 Disabled bays :grr:

reheat module

Post by reheat module » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:35 pm

^^^^^^^
If it were nighttime, I'd be tempted to 'disable' their car then...
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

John flightpath

Post by John flightpath » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:04 pm

Unfortunately this is just one section of a couple of generations that have taken to the roads these days who frankly don't give a **** about anyone else.

Nuff said

John 'flightpath'
Equipment
Canon EOS 750D

Sigma APO OS DG 150-500mm
Canon 55-250 IS STM Lens
Sigma APO DG 70-300 lens

Return to “General Chat”