Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

How long left

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
space monkey

How long left

Post by space monkey » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:23 pm

So with the Tory government on the verge of collapse and a possible looming Genereal Election with Corbyn about to take the reigns of PM. How long before he cancels the F35 order, sells HMS Queen Elizabeth and Prince of Wales, and scraps our trident submarines etc.

jem60

Re: How long left

Post by jem60 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Mr. Corbyn and his cronies stand no more chance of winning an election than I have of winning Wimbledon!!!!. I have a great sympathy for Mrs. May, having this ridiculous Brexit land on her plate. I'll bet many people are wishing that they had never heard of Brexit!!!.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:39 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath for any of those things.

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:15 am

As much as I detest the current political leadership I can't see Corbyn winning a general election, there are still huge divisions and in fighting within labour that will stop him running a coherent campaign. As far as I'm concerned the palace of westminster should be filled with the current MPs, towed out into the North Sea and sunk.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:19 am

What makes anyone think there is a general election looming? The Tories can change their leader without calling an election. Under the fixed term rules they don't have to have an election for 4 years still. Polling has proved the public overwhelmingly does not want another general election. Mid term like this Labour should be way ahead in the polls but are actually lagging by 5 points anyway.

Sure I think its time for Mrs Weak and Wobbly to head off into the sunset but only so we can have a PM who has the strength to get us a proper Brexit deal and not some kind of Brino lark.

Pune

Post by Pune » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 am

jem60 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:38 pm
Mr. Corbyn and his cronies stand no more chance of winning an election than I have of winning Wimbledon!!!!. I have a great sympathy for Mrs. May, having this ridiculous Brexit land on her plate. I'll bet many people are wishing that they had never heard of Brexit!!!.
I am one of them, and I guess a lot of people wish they hadn't voted 'leave' now!!
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 am

Pune wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 am
jem60 wrote:
I am one of them, and I guess a lot of people wish they hadn't voted 'leave' now!!
Apparently polls suggest that the split between those wanting to leave and those wanting to remain has not changed significantly since the referendum.

Pune

Post by Pune » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:28 am

ChrisCwmbran wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 am
Pune wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 am
jem60 wrote:
Apparently polls suggest that the split between those wanting to leave and those wanting to remain has not changed significantly since the referendum.
I'm not sure polls are that accurate anymore :Wow:
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

ChrisCwmbran

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 am

Ok I can't prove or disprove that.

All I do know is that I know people from both sides of the argument and I dont know of anyone who has changed their opinion.

turbosix

Post by turbosix » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Brexit is already awful but if one of its many terrible consequences is a Corbyn led government then I will weep with despair. What a dreadful state of affairs.

Pune

Post by Pune » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:56 pm

ChrisCwmbran wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 am
Ok I can't prove or disprove that.

All I do know is that I know people from both sides of the argument and I dont know of anyone who has changed their opinion.
I know what you mean Chris, I guess it is what it is. :thumb:

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:03 pm

I voted remain but I am starting to lean to the side of the Brexiteers mainly due to the disrespectful treatment we have received from the likes of Barnier and Junckers so maybe we should just say thanks and good bye.

EU enlargement has caused difficulties that the EU can't or won't deal with.

Return to “General Chat”