Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Citroen C3 Sunshade

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Pune

Citroen C3 Sunshade

Post by Pune » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:17 am

Hi Folks.
Has anyone found a decent sunshade for a Citroen C3 with panoramic screen, any info' much appreciated..phew!!
Cheers
Pune
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

ArabJazzie

Re: Citroen C3 Sunshade

Post by ArabJazzie » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Although my first question is why get one like this in the first place?

Looks like the best thing for you would be an old skool Pune n Other sunstrip! Sure you would be able to find something that blocks out the sun where the roof should be and almost clear where the mirror is. You could also consider vinyl wrapping that you can use for 6-8 months of the year.
Arabest,
Geoff.

Pune

Post by Pune » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:19 pm

ArabJazzie wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:39 pm
Although my first question is why get one like this in the first place?

Looks like the best thing for you would be an old skool Pune n Other sunstrip! Sure you would be able to find something that blocks out the sun where the roof should be and almost clear where the mirror is. You could also consider vinyl wrapping that you can use for 6-8 months of the year.
Arabest,
Geoff.
It was an offer I couldn't refuse 6 years ago Geoff :thumb:
I'm sure something must be out there.
Cheers
Pune
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

Philwinward

Post by Philwinward » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Might be worth speaking to a company that does car window tinting, you would still be able to see through the tint film but it would cut down heat .

Phil

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Phil/Pune,
I agree that window tinting is the way to deal with this, but i dont think the law allows full(as in area of screen) tinting of the windscreen. In this case, i am not sure if the area that is normally roof is classed as windscreen and this area may be allowed to be covered in some way.
Arabest,
Geoff.

Pune

Post by Pune » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:57 pm

ArabJazzie wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:26 pm
Phil/Pune,
I agree that window tinting is the way to deal with this, but i dont think the law allows full(as in area of screen) tinting of the windscreen. In this case, i am not sure if the area that is normally roof is classed as windscreen and this area may be allowed to be covered in some way.
Arabest,
Geoff.
Thanks guys, I'll probably just get it sorted and the weather will break... :Wow:

Return to “General Chat”