Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Car hire at airports.

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
iainpeden

Car hire at airports.

Post by iainpeden » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:08 am

Car Hire at Airports. :grr:

We flew out with Jet2 to Palma last Saturday having prebooked a hire car through them and taken out excess charge insurance - total package about £150 for the week.

On getting to the GOLD Car Hire desk we were told that the prepaid invoice was insufficient and we were charged an additional 312 euros - admittedly 140 of those was as deposit on the petrol and we will/should get that back as we were "full to full."

The specified additional charges were in Spanish and therefore not totally clear to this average Brit.

I've just had a discussion with the Jet2 people - very helpful and able to explain the Spanish invoice; comprehensive insurance (which had been covered through my excess cover), roadside assistance (on a car with 700km o the clock and not explained anyway), the petrol deposit and an airport charge. So I have paid 172 Euros more than I needed - and won't get back.
Note to self - Be more careful next time. Sarah (Jet2) did say that I could have called them (Jet2) from the car hire desk and they would have sorted it (hmmm)

Return to “General Chat”