Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Looking for a landing gear light Phantom

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
Chris

Looking for a landing gear light Phantom

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:55 am

Hello,

In my new hall i would like a lamp. Is there any knows where i can find a emailadress or webshop for a landing gear light of a Phantom???
Germany has flew Phantoms and the UK so i looking for a part of a landing light Phantom.

With regards,
Chris

reheat module

Re: Looking for a landing gear light Phantom

Post by reheat module » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Wow, I can just imagine coming through your front door and selecting the light on; firstly a motor runs up, drives a hydraulic pump, then a selector valve operates to open a panel in the roof, and releases a lock on the noseleg. Following this, a red light comes on by the switch to show the gear is unlocked as it travels down from the hall ceiling under the hydraulic ram and the effect of gravity. Once the leg commences travel, the light comes on and illuminates everything in not only your hallway, but the entire street. Once the leg is fully extended, the leg locked solenoid operates and a micro switch cuts out the red light and operates a green one to show the leg is down and locked. Watch the leg doesn't hit anyone on the way down!!! Switching the light off operates a not too dissimilar sequence. I'd love one of those, it would swing it for me in buying a house. Not sure of the voltages though if you're just after the lamp assembly itself.
Joking apart, good luck with the search, and if you're successful, please post an image.
UK ONS CPI Rate checker for Sept every year... :whistle:

opsjockey

Re: Looking for a landing gear light Phantom

Post by opsjockey » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Return to “General Chat”