Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Weather forecasts

A place to chat and discuss everything and anything thats NOT Military Aviation related. No Civilian Aviation content please. We would be grateful for such inclusions on our sister site - Civilian Aviation.
welshandy

Weather forecasts

Post by welshandy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Been noticing how two of the major weather forecasters for the UK can not agree on the forecast. For example the the Meteogroup who now does the forecasts for the BBC had heavy rain for my location this afternoon. Been blue Sky's & sunshine all day & tomorrow a 37% chance of Rain in the morning,were as the Met Office has a 80% chance of Rain :S

MRTT

Re: Weather forecasts

Post by MRTT » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:33 pm

No thunder forecast for today, currently experiencing the biggest storm here for a number of years. :thumb:

Blackcat1

Post by Blackcat1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:17 pm

I just watch 360radar weather map , very accurate , i saw a heavy shower on radar just south of me today so mowed the lawn very quickly and sure enough 30 mins later it started raining.
Gareth

6 Sqdn Canopeners
Oculi exercitus
Blackcats remembered
Jaguar Force Excellance! 2nd July 07.

britaylor

Post by britaylor » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:40 am

I log into the following web site which is good https://www.rain-alarm.com/ is 99.5 right and timings

C24

Post by C24 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:11 am

Sometimes the forecasts can be accurate - we had a weather warning issued for our local area. Absolutely spot on! :clap:

We had weather all day.
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

H.A.Bucken

Post by H.A.Bucken » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:14 am

I Google 'weather' + hometown every day then scroll and click on 'Metoffice' for my updates. When this comes up click on 'Wind direction, speed,'etc to get some idea of which runway may be in use at where-ever. 'Lightning-maps' is another site I occasionally visit; there's a fairly active thunderstorm over S.E. Germany just now.
Roger

Funtera

Post by Funtera » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:35 pm

I generally use Accuweather and wxcharts .. gives me a pretty good guess at what's coming ..
but as stated on most places I've looked and even when doing the storm chasing .. you can't take anything over 72hrs away as more than a 50/50 guess and the best time to look at forecasts is about 00:30z after they get the 00:00z GFS plots in .. that' given me the best plots and guesstimates I've done
Fox2 Refugee & HATO
EOS50D + 70-300mm IS USM .. +Luck = My Pics

Return to “General Chat”